December 2015 CFA® result

Congratulations! We are very pleased to inform you that you passed the December 2015 Level I CFA® exam. 43% of candidates passed the December 2015 Level I CFA® exam. :)

> 70% all sections :)

Hope it's good news for everyone else...?

200WEST:

Congrats to all you guys. Are any of you taking level 2 in May?

Dang, Im not sure if I should take L2 this June.. I really want to find a credit job soon, and L2 feels like a big time commitment. I studied for L1 with 3 months left and it was brutal. Also, early registration is alot cheaper..

Only one way you're allowed to: "John Smith has passed the CFA Level I exam" or "John Smith is a candidate for the CFA Level II exam" (if you're registered).

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Right now, I have passed level 1 of CFA program, but its under my certifications and its very small. I wonder if it'll be ok if I increase the font size just for that part of my resume.. (the rest of my resume is highly irrelevant).

a lil joke, maybe..

Passed!!

Multiple Choice

Q# Topic Max Pts 70% - Alternative Investments 10 - * - - corporate finance 17 - - * - Derivatives 12 - - * - Economics 24 - * - - Equity Investments 24 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 48 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 24 - * - - portfolio management 17 - - * - Quantitative Methods 28 - - *

Congrats to all those who passed.

As a recently designated charterholder, I feel your pain, but it's worth it!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

LeveragedTiger:

Only one way you're allowed to: "John Smith has passed the CFA Level I exam" or "John Smith is a candidate for the CFA Level II exam" (if you're registered).

I put "Passed Level I of the CFA Program in December 2015". And thanks fellow intermittent fasting practitioner.

Cannot stress enough the importance of adhering to all the exam rules and regulations. While I was checking in for the test, there was an international candidate two people in front of me. The proctors confiscated her calculator because she did not have the allowed instrument. I fortunately had a back-up calculator and offered up my spare. Definitely didn't feel solid coming out of the exam but just found out I passed. Completely attribute it to karma.

It was crazy but I passed. Crammed it in 2 weeks and didn't do any practice exams (would explain the low ethics, FI and FRA parts), surprised at portfolio management though (i'll tell myself it was on the cusp) - bottom line is though that I count myself lucky. Managed to finish both sessions with about 30-40 mins to spare however.

• Alternative Investments 10 - - *
  • corporate finance 17 - - *
  • Derivatives 12 - - *
  • Economics 24 - - *
  • Equity Investments 24 - - *
  • Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * -
  • Financial Reporting & Analysis 48 - * -
  • Fixed Income Investments 24 - * -
  • portfolio management 17 - * -
  • Quantitative Methods 28 - - *

I wonder if the value of the designation will decline over time as it becomes significantly more prevalent. In other words, will it become more of a requirement and less of a value-add than it currently already is? Around 135K members, and this year alone over 103K people sat for Level 1. Obviously not everyone who sits, completes the program, but will be interesting to see what happens over the 10yr/20yr outlook.

I could see this definitely being the case. Consider 30-40 years ago when an undergrad was considered a value-add and now it's a requirement.

As time goes on it feels like we are required to specialize at an earlier and earlier age (for better or worse). Only a matter of time before we go to specialized elementary and high schools.

The stat that 43% of the candidates passed the level 1 would indicate that things did not go well for 53% of the test takers.

Follow the shit your fellow monkeys say @shitWSOsays Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Congrats to all who passed, but personally I would automatically ding anyone who wrote CFA Level II candidate or equivalent on their resume. Once you pass Level II (which is at least 2-3x harder than I) then maybe you can consider mentioning it very briefly, if even

No one likes people who are insecure or try-hards, so always act like everything is super easy and you don't care or put any effort (even though you spent hundreds of hour studying)...basic psychology

Case-in-point: look at paradox #3 from the below (sweet post from an excellent blogger): http://markmanson.net/paradoxes

Law #30: Make your accomplishments seem effortless http://48laws-of-power.blogspot.com/2011/05/law-30-make-your-accomplish…

Yeah not quite sure what you're saying here. For your firm/what you recruit for, it seems like Level I isn't that big of a deal, fine. At the same time, not advertising the fact that you're a Level II candidate after signing up and dedicating a ton of time to studying is BS, especially coming from a not-so-attractive role in finance. Haven't gone through your history to see if you're a charterholder (I would assume you are), but that's disappointing to see that you feel that way.

EDIT: Congrats to all those who passed. I remember incessantly refreshing my inbox and feeling elated after seeing that "Congratulations!"... onto the beast that is Level II. Good luck bruhs.

Ullam non culpa temporibus. Laudantium ad quia distinctio velit velit eos unde. Fugiat at et sapiente corrupti est quasi aut ut. Cumque rerum ut quod. Eum saepe qui dolorem ullam.

Excepturi qui quo deleniti totam ut pariatur itaque enim. Deserunt qui ut reprehenderit incidunt necessitatibus perspiciatis adipisci. Cupiditate possimus temporibus et reiciendis. Molestias autem praesentium sequi sequi velit. Veritatis et rerum vel soluta inventore.

Autem pariatur perspiciatis explicabo rem enim tempore quia. Suscipit rerum possimus non quis nisi. Ad assumenda repudiandae illum perferendis fuga animi. Odio rem nisi ea minus officiis. Est repellendus debitis sit inventore. Repellendus et voluptatum repellendus est. Facilis magni dolores cupiditate quae ducimus id molestiae.

Sit voluptatem iure assumenda dolor debitis corrupti est molestiae. Et ullam itaque cum fugiat in temporibus. Asperiores aperiam nihil velit cum ex quibusdam molestiae. Rem in sit quod quo magnam rerum. Eaque sit sed nisi harum eos.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”