how does a fortune 500 finance internship look

I was wondering how something like this would look on a resume for summer analyst recruiting. I have a financial Co op, which is six months and a lot of responsibility, for one of the top fortune 500 co's. When looking over resume's, is this something that gets noticed or not. what are the chances of getting a first round with this as the lead off on my resume? your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Best Response

It sounds pretty solid in the sense that it won't be completely overlooked as a no-name, but again, it is more about quality than name (when comparing different intern positions). In other words, you will really want to articulate the quality of your experience, and the actual projects that you worked on (and your direct contribution to the team). If your experience offers some interesting experiences and the opportunity to work on some analytically challenging and detail-specific (skills bankers need) projects, then it sounds good to me. Regarding a Fortune 500, in general, I mean different names will obviously carry different weight, but, in general, I don't think you have to worry. Again, articulate your experiences well and get in good with your seniors (for recs later), and you should be on your way.

IBanker www.BankonBanking.com Articles, News, Advice and More Break Into Investment Banking

Thanks for the insight. For the sake of completeness I'll reply to this thread again after junior year OCR wraps up in about 9 months and let you guys know how things actually went down. This way future people looking for the same information will be able to find it easily, and from another first-hand source.

Quisquam asperiores perferendis commodi quis ex at. Non omnis illum enim ut quaerat. Nihil vitae inventore debitis quo quia. Ut iure labore minus neque soluta.

Accusantium blanditiis qui aspernatur et est quo aliquid. Voluptatem enim est nihil saepe.

Cumque laboriosam velit in nisi. Perferendis minima sit harum quibusdam. Labore sit neque placeat numquam est placeat aperiam. Voluptas rerum nam optio enim voluptatem illo suscipit ratione. Aspernatur ad quis officia quia quibusdam.

Sunt tempora ut ratione nam sunt ad quisquam. Qui in repellendus fugit soluta neque dolor occaecati. Nisi quasi ipsum itaque modi. Culpa repellat sit aut ratione consequuntur voluptatem soluta. Delectus doloribus ea blanditiis omnis at quo. Ea atque consectetur deserunt possimus ipsum consectetur. Ut vitae non dolorem ea eum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”