How should the U.S. retaliate against China?
When this is over, China faces a brutal reckoning. What should we do in retaliation, short of an actual military strike?
Here is what we know about what the evil communist Chinese regime did:
-The virus started in Wuhan in Oct/Nov 2019, and the Chinese government knew about it in Dec.
-They shut down the military base outside of Wuhan on New Year but did not tell its citizens.
-Hubei province (which includes Wuhan) was shut down later in January. However, China allowed several million of its citizens to travel abroad even when they clearly knew of the virus' contagious nature and health impact.
-The WHO repeated Chinese state propaganda; on January 14th, it released a tweet saying that the virus is not contagious between humans and that it is under control.
-China refused to let in our CDC inspectors.
-China kicked out American journalists.
-China suppressed courageous dissident voices who were speaking out the truth about the virus.
For the past 25-30 years, the elites of BOTH political parties engaged in a concerted policy agenda to incorporate China into the economic order and in the process outshored our manufacturing and industrial base. We turned a blind eye to their egregious human rights abuses, intellectual property theft, espionage, and cheating on trade deals. After all, there was too much money to be made. Politicians, Wall Street, Tech, Hollywood, NBA, etc., benefited immensely from this relationship. The mainstream U.S. media is basically glorified sockpuppets of the communist Chinese regime.
Now, with this pandemic, public opinion has shifted drastically. And politicians of both parties are coming to term with the reality of China. So what steps should we take to retaliate against China for the immense damage they inflicted on us and the world at large?
- Cancel interest payments on all debt owed to China.
- Provide incentives for U.S. corporations to bring supply chains and manufacturing out of China.
- Call for China to be removed from the WTO and remove its most favored nation status.
- Aggressively scrutinize and prosecute Americans who engage in espionage and do work for the Chinese government. Traitors will be given the death penalty.
- Further strengthen ties with India to serve as a check against Chinese aggression.
- Deport all Chinese foreign nationals who are here on student or worker visas.
- Freeze all immigration from China for at least 10 years.