Infrastructure Investment Banking 2020

Hi all,

Looking for information about infrastructure investment banking (comp, exit ops, daily activities, etc.) and how to best prepare for technical components of interviews. Additionally, what are the recommended news sources for staying up-to-date on trends and developments?

Thanks

Most Helpful

Associate covering infra here.

Top banks in specifically core Infra excluding midstream, data centres etc are Evercore, Macquarie, PJ Solomon, RBC. (Top rainmakers historically on the street were Tim Bath, David Utz, and Mark Williamson)

Best source for news is typically Inframation though it's not free.

In terms of comp it depends on where you go, i.e if you work for CIBC who is great in Canada infra but is having trouble growing in the US and has non-capital market issues then you'll see some problems vs if you go to Evercore then you get above street. But just expect typical banker comp.

Exit opps are typically infra specific PE fund (IFM, GIP, Brookfield etc), infra arm of a traditional PE fund (Blackstone, Oaktree, Carlyle etc), Pension fund infra PE arm, infra debt fund, other groups in the bank

For interview questions really depends on the person having a good idea of why you want to work in infra is usually good (hard to find kids who love toll roads vs tech). Other then that just knowing what levers you can typically pull in a DCF in depth is important and how you would actually value say a 20 year concession contract to operate a toll road. Other then that just don't be too cocky, we know schools don't typically teach you how to value infrastructure/project finance so at least I wouldn't expect too much but at the same time I'm just making sure you pass the airplane test.

How would you rank the top banks in infrastructure/utilities (I know it’s a dumb question but just what u think I’m terms of exits, dealflow, culture, prestige)

How would you rank the top banks in infrastructure/utilities (I know it’s a dumb question but just what u think I’m terms of exits, dealflow, culture, prestige

Id voluptas delectus est eius ipsa. Et quo hic ut. Consequuntur quae qui voluptatum rem recusandae earum.

Voluptatibus maiores reprehenderit deleniti et libero molestiae. Hic expedita quisquam consequatur quae sunt nam. Officiis atque sed molestias. Sit perferendis eum molestiae dolor. Nostrum omnis sint beatae.

Sint minus et tenetur voluptas occaecati qui labore. Provident quasi unde non enim sit quia unde.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (90) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”