Jefferies SA 2021 FI S&T- First Round Interview

Hi all,

I have a first-round interview for Jefferies's Summer 2021 Fixed Income Sales and Trading Program. I was wondering if anyone has any insight on what to expect. Usually, how technical are first-round interviews? Any insight greatly appreciated.

Most Helpful

My first round was largely just questions about current views on the market. Be able to discuss major events and how they are impacting the pricing of different assets. Unless you had prior experience, the interview shouldn’t be too formal and more focusing on your market knowledge and interest in S&T.

Yeah, do you know what to expect for the interviews?

Hey had the 1st round at the end of June too, if I haven’t heard back yet am I most likely dinged?

i know the head of the rates desk....he is a major coke head...not kidding...he's been doing cocaine practically daily for over 20 years....banging hookers...cheating on his wife....etc....if he likes you, he's a cool dude (and parties like a roick star)...and if he doesn't like you, you'll think he's an asshole

real wolf of walk street type stuff. at the same time, he's really smart (paradoxically)...and has a decent emotional IQ...and he has an amazing feel for the market (sometimes)

take from this what you will...in trading, its all about how much money can you make

They say they will but actually they DONT. (Source: Target School and have close international friends went to SPD)

Perspiciatis qui itaque dolorem expedita labore. Laboriosam ea delectus totam explicabo dolorem neque. Sequi facilis sunt minima pariatur omnis a reprehenderit quae. In laudantium pariatur natus distinctio ducimus consequuntur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”