RBC Capital Markets vs. Jefferies
I have an offer at both firms (NYC) and trying to make the decision.
- Both banks have same growth story and are strong in the MM
- RBC acts more with their balance sheet and can support larger financing
- Jefferies name is stronger than RBC in the U.S.
- Both banks have pulled a lot of top MD talent from BB through the financial crisis
- RBC is headquartered in Canada, which will always have an effect on perception
- Both banks will have smaller groups than BB which will be better for developing skills and having more responsibility
With both being a generalist offer, which would you take, and why?