Through networking I learned Industrials / Rx are the top ones with the best exits.

Consumers and Healthcare are good too with FIG on the come up given their recent deal with MetLife.

SA program is generalist though so you might be staffed on a bunch of different groups.

Not sure if their SF TMT group is stronger than NYC one. You may have to reach out to folks though I did see them poaching associates from industry focused/regional boutiques to build out TMT NYC.

Controversial

As a former employee they’re honestly all pretty mediocre - very frank advice, pick the team who you get along with the best, chill there for a year, then lateral to another bank. That’s what I did, currently at a bank some consider an EB

[Comment removed by mod team]

Quite the opposite actually. They entered T10 for global market share in M&A deals and have been on some large billion dollar mandates in 2021. They announced 2 new offices as well in USA.

I think the European office did alot which is why its global market share but the US office certainly contributed! This means I worked at European EB and now a US EB at my new bank! I hope this shows everyone how solid the Rothschild franchise is

Wonder if this SVB shill is the same one trying to prop them up on every post or if SVB is asking all of their analysts to boost the bank on WSO and trash other banks

Funny how boring life must be there to spend so much time trying to convince people they are an “EB” on the internet

Excuse me but SVB is a highly respected institution by many bankers in the industry. We are pioneers within TMT and healthcare banking especially in the upper MM coverage, its actually proven that its becoming less uncommon to see people turn down places like JPM/CVP/Q for us. Maybe you're misinformed but we are certainly not "shills", just proud to be working at an up and coming EB :)  

Most Helpful

Just want to clear it up that not all folks aim to leave immediately! We have a great working culture as we're all not fancy "target" college people trying to prove a point but we are salt-of-the-earth people that want to foster meaaningful genuine relationships at the firm :)

It was a hard choice to leave as I really enjoyed my time there! Our deal flow is great for the ones we are involved in as they are best-in-class, high profile, and industry defining m&a and private placements. It was just a bit concerning to see the seniors get frustrated when things didnt go our way. It wasn't our fault but more of the overall markets affected by COVID and the clients sometimes being a bit too fickle. Not the best to see VP/MDs use cuss words or look a bit defeated and tired which is why I thought its better for a change of scenery to something more upbeat. But of course overall our senior leadership are content and very smart characters with some of the deepest industry experiences that is parallel to anywhere I have seen 

I would also politely disagree with chickenboy comments about RX. We have an amazing best-in-class RX franchise with a new partnership formed with Intrepid, the best establishment in the O&G sector. It's just that so many of these "new" shops pop up like pjt or ducera and whatever and just take away market share. Why would people trust these places that have literally opened for only a few years when we have an renonwed history and are famously known across the US and Europe. If I was a client, it would be hard for me to trust a start-up boutique over an establishment like us... just my two cents, oh well kids these days. Our RX team also provides great exit opps similar to the industry groups as well!        

THANK YOU to the poster who show us you don't need some elite background school for IBD. As one who's proudly from a "non-target" institution, I will be applying for a position here to showcase my talents and skills. People should understand that the academics is only one facet of a multi-faceted perspective because people are holistic and not just their degree from some "fancy pants" school as the poster describes LOL

Extra props that he paved the way to show we can all join up and coming EBs/BB from roths bank. Fellow non-targets lets all intern here in 2023 and beyond!!

What's that supposed to infer, you have to explain my young padawan :) We are plain non-fancy pants "target" folk in IBD  

It's generally driven from our colleagues across the pond in the Europe regions - the league table above is global count and you can see the breakdown by the geographies and countries. But we are top 25 in the US and that is still quite impressive :)  

For all who currently work there, would appreciate if you can chime in - is the work life balance & culture really as good as claimed? I ain't trying to kill myself averaging 80-90 hours/week and would like to work with nice, relaxed people. Don't really need mega deal-flow either  

There are different views of Rothschild on this same thread so now I am confused. Are they strong in the US/are they getting stronger or what? 

~$360mil in Americas M&A fees. Most of it prolly US. In 2020, North America had much higher rev per head than in both the UK and France, though in 2019 rev per head was higher in the UK (not sure about France). Revenue would include: North America IB + PE, UK IB + PE + PWM, France IB + PWM

I think deals in the US just garner a higher fee as a percentage of deal size than deals in Europe do. 

Anecdotally, RX I’ve heard RX is stronger in the US than in Europe besides for Sovereign. This may change though since the old co heads left some years back. 

US comp is much higher than Europe comp despite Europe being stronger because apparently they have a prestige discount in Europe. 

Consequuntur est delectus magni dolore molestiae. Perspiciatis quia quod commodi. Consequatur et ad cum id. Voluptatum perspiciatis et aut consequuntur.

Deleniti veritatis sunt a sapiente autem laboriosam ut. Voluptatem minus aut asperiores accusamus. Et fugiat ad officia qui.

Vel eligendi sit veniam doloremque. Ex aut earum aut eum dolorum ab. Quasi qui ab rerum dicta ut debitis. Corrupti molestias voluptates laborum quo totam.

Accusantium ab ipsam omnis eius facere voluptas autem. Consequatur temporibus nostrum quia libero dolores alias. Odio sit est ab quos aliquam adipisci. Sunt tempora modi magni fugiat. Sunt nihil est sit dolore eaque ratione. Et est similique quia maiores vel dolorem. Perspiciatis enim est quibusdam incidunt rerum aut.

Est tenetur quod dolor rem tempore sed esse. Ut voluptas quia nulla quae pariatur atque mollitia. Officiis odio eum sapiente aut porro. Nobis ipsum nam delectus eos. Aspernatur voluptatem commodi nulla voluptatum rerum dolor fugit.

Officiis labore iure sequi quas sed cupiditate. Explicabo nam aperiam ut in harum tempora ipsum adipisci.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”