Strategic Finance Associate @Startup
Fi is looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as a Strategic Finance Associate to provide ongoing strategic and analytical support, investor communications, and reporting to senior management as our company scales.
The Strategic Financial Associate will play a crucial role in providing business leaders at Fi with tools and data to help make decisions regarding the direction of the company as we (hyper)grow our existing business and explore new channels. You will report to our Vice President of Finance and Operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building out and maintaining our sales forecasts, , and unit economics analyses
- Preparing management and investor reporting
- Liaising with Accounting to ensure financial alignment and divisional clarity
- Working with our data analytics team to understand and report business KPIs and drivers of consumer behavior
- Ad Hoc: Partnering closely with Fi's executive team to (1) understand and implement various company initiatives, (2) invest in our biggest ROI-positive opportunities, and (3) create a path to scale
The ideal candidate is a creative and persistent self-starter who gets excited about extrapolating from complex data sets and contributing innovative ideas. You embrace ambiguity, are meticulous about the details, and are an incredible performer but also humble and a joy to work with. You're looking to join a hardworking and passionate team and want to be part of a rapidly growing company backed by world class investors.
- 2-3 years of experience in investment banking, consulting, or an equivalent program
- Financial Modeling Guru: Understands and can work with 3 statement financial forecast models. Ability to translate daily operations into financial knowledge. Knowledge of ROI, LTV to CAC, GAAP, SQL, and VBA highly appreciated.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to think several steps ahead, balance numerous and separate goals at once, bring rigor and structure to complex and dynamic situations
- Empathetic and accessible: Appreciate and admire the various talents of your diverse colleagues, and aim to both learn from and encourage their success through your analytical and organizational strengths
- Can go hours in front of without touching a mouse
- Believe that if you're not measuring it, you can't influence it
Who is Fi? Fi is reinventing the relationship between dogs and their humans. We are ex from Nest, Square, Google, MakerBot and Canary. We build amazing hardware and software that put old brands in the closet and bring a digital rebirth to this space.
We believe that the dog/human relationship is amazing and that it's time to use technology to take it to the next level. We enable dog owners to keep their best friend safe and in good health, monitor their behavior and leverage data to create a stronger bond between the two species. We love dogs (of course!) and are having a lot of fun building amazing products to bring this space to the 21st century.
The Challenge: what we do requires the integration of aesthetics / design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, RF communication, firmware, mobile apps, cloud systems, and everything in between. This is way above the technical complexity of your typical startup job! We are looking for people who enjoy hard challenges and love what they do. We set the bar high and "impossible" means "let me find a solution" in our world.
Fi is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply at : talent at tryfi dot com