What are some exit opportunities from Asset Based Lending?
I've been an analyst in an ABL group at a top BB for a couple of years now.
I've had pretty solid deal experience on both the credit risk and new business sides, I've built out financial projections for M&A transactions that were partially financed using a revolver or term loan, modeled downside cases, prepared pitchbooks for new ABL opportunities, etc. About 85% of the clients I work with fall into the $500MM to $3B revenue range and the other 15% are in the IB. Typically in the Retail and Energy space.
While I've learned a lot, I don't see myself being a lifer in this kind of role. A few analysts from my bank have gone industry, moved to other banks and a handful have gone on to PE at tiny shops. What are the exit opps from what you guys have seen?