When does the Goldman Sachs LONDON 2021 IB Summer Analyst Application Open?

There is no specific application opening date given for Europe on the Goldman Sachs website, just July 1st for the Americas. I'm getting vague information from anyone I ask, who just say "sometime in July", does anyone know the exact date for sure from a reliable source?

How does it not matter when the applications are reviewed on a rolling basis?

In the huge spreadsheet, do you see all the disclosure / conflict of interest information too?

Please feel free to throw MS at me but the Goldman insider who is discouraging everyone from applying early despite the website saying applications should be reviewed on a rolling basis fills me with suspicion. Because 1. The advice being given is counter to the published website advice. 2. They claim to be both a first year analyst and to have been involved in recruiting last year, so they must have been involved in recruitment while sitting in their full time training class. 3. While very well researched in what happens at Goldman they haven't supplied any genuine insider info, specifically when applications open. Now I might be wrong and being really unfair on an IBD professional who has given up their time to help us kids. If I am I apologise unreservedly but I will be applying to Goldman early, everyone else can do what they want. The fourth reason I am suspicious is that there was this melt on the TSR IB forum who kept putting out disinformation "to help his chances". He pissed off everyone so much that allegedly a couple of kids tracked him down on LinkedIn and tried to get him blackballed. Don't know if the story is true but he is legend on the group chats.

Do you have any information then about the GS application opening date? Apparently no one here does

Hey dude - I’m not discouraging anyone to apply early, I’m just saying it’s pointless to apply on the day it opens. So having the exact date is useless but by all means do apply early. Also there is no point of rushing your application, it’s much better to take some time and send a very high quality application mid july.

Also you should know that you get promoted in August to A2 hence yes I have been involved in recruiting last year - our new joiners haven’t yet joined.

Furthermore i have provided insider information - ie CV scoring by people from your country - ask people at GS if this is true if you don’t believe me. But look, take my advice if you want, if you don’t want it I’m fine too.

Finally I do not know myself when apps open - I should ask HR and I just can’t care less. I know that I’ll be conducting interviews/reviewing CVs for sure in September-December.

Cheers for the info. I have some questions -

1. Can analysts refer applicants for the London SA at GS, I networked with a second year analyst and got on really well, he mentioned he'd be more than happy to refer me for the programme if there's any way.

2. Is cover letter still part of the application process? I checked the portal and it only has an option to upload CV (for the locations open right now)

Are cover letters looked at in the first place? And if so, does knowing people, and mentioning ("name dropping") them in letters help?

Many thanks!

Does anyone know if London will be taking off-cycle interns in the Investment Banking Division in 2021?

The applications have opened but there doesn't seem to be an option to apply to IBD, however Global Markets and other divisions are available. I also checked Summer Analyst internships in London for 2021 and the option to apply for IBD is available.

Not sure if I should apply to the 2021 SA role for IBD now or wait for the off-cycle applications to allow IBD applications.

Quas sunt mollitia et dolor aliquam eos doloremque. Voluptas quia eligendi aspernatur ullam praesentium dolorem similique. Ut et optio dolorum maiores est et.

Suscipit tempore est voluptas esse molestiae natus. Quidem est voluptas facere excepturi dolore voluptatem sit a.

Impedit in ut consequatur doloribus voluptatem omnis enim. Qui eligendi autem voluptas deserunt eum rerum repellendus consequatur. Molestiae sapiente dicta necessitatibus recusandae dolores consequatur sequi enim. Facilis placeat recusandae iure ex sunt. Illum quo excepturi aspernatur ipsum.

Nulla magni quod debitis veritatis consequatur numquam quod. Molestias aut velit molestias eum sit. Voluptatum aut voluptas itaque dolorem et veritatis.

Quos quod explicabo sit beatae pariatur quo. Consequatur eum necessitatibus ex tempore. Rerum quia corrupti et sed et velit. In qui ea qui modi. Facilis molestias dolorem nam.

Fuga voluptatibus ut qui tenetur quae nostrum. Hic perspiciatis maiores repellat commodi consequatur sunt qui. Alias molestiae laborum reiciendis.

Commodi recusandae blanditiis dignissimos commodi minus placeat. Ducimus aut a autem repudiandae cupiditate. Delectus in dolores ipsam magni sunt aut. Aliquam quaerat enim itaque perspiciatis commodi sunt. Delectus nostrum commodi ut sequi placeat omnis ullam veritatis. Aliquam aut qui at quas aut qui nulla laborum. Sit ut perferendis reiciendis praesentium deleniti.

Atque odit voluptatum nisi saepe reiciendis. Sed soluta minima sunt consequatur. Neque illo aut odio excepturi et quo. Dolorem ut et facere soluta earum. Ducimus necessitatibus sed doloribus error quia provident.

Array

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (90) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”