When/How to update my Resume for 2021 SA cycle?

I'm a sophomore with a position lined up over 2020 summer. All this chat about 2021 SA has me very confused... When and how should I update my resume to include this position, my GPA etc, for applying to the 2021 openings?

I was always under the impression it was douchey to say your an incoming X on LinkedIn let alone your resume.

Most Helpful

I'm a student so I'm also interested in hearing responses. Personally for our sake, I would wait for an analyst or above that screens resume to offer advice. My own opinion is that the LinkedIn thing is douchey because LinkedIn is your social brand projected to an entire network of people that aren't necessarily interviewing you for a position. You are literally just bragging. Compared to other students that list every small detail of their lives on their LinkedIn, I keep my LinkedIn very clean and have never had an issue (I still get plenty of interviews.... based on, you know, resume drops and networking).

On the other hand, because sophomores interested in investment banking are being pushed to recruit for Summer 2021 before beginning their sophomore internship, it makes a lot of sense to include it on your resume. Depending on what the internship is, it could improve your candidacy. (Imagine an extreme case where your freshman internship was at a Frozen Yogurt shop or as a social media intern, but your sophomore internship is at a boutique investment bank or private equity firm. The same logic, but with a lesser impact, can be extended to any relevant sophomore internship.) Because you haven't done anything yet, I'd imagine the best approach is to have no bullets or just one bullet descriptive of the firm/your position.

Where have you read that? I was reading PJT's 2021 SA application (for both M&A and Rx) and they say to put on sophomore internship. In the end, I think this may be something out of your control whether or not the screener wants to see that info. I guess to play it safe, you can leave it off unless you read an application explicitly telling you to put it on. My personal opinion is that it adds value for the majority of candidates.

A eius repellat velit earum occaecati qui reprehenderit vel. Quia sequi tenetur illo ad. Sit ea asperiores ut ut. Omnis quod voluptatem perspiciatis voluptas est.

Quasi qui libero sit maxime nihil ut consequatur atque. Dolores sit architecto vel quod. Consequatur repellendus cumque quo aspernatur hic. Laboriosam magni enim voluptas dolores iusto placeat. Voluptatem cupiditate qui perspiciatis tempore deleniti et. Aliquam earum cum soluta temporibus.

Aliquam amet maxime nihil officia ex minus assumenda aperiam. Exercitationem commodi qui dicta voluptas. Et qui ut consequatur ut porro.

Ut odio necessitatibus voluptate occaecati. Delectus cum dolore quis nihil et dolor asperiores. Consequatur quo quibusdam ipsam reprehenderit consequatur. Nemo molestias dolorem iste quia. Explicabo saepe dolorem saepe eos nihil.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”