Which banks still give their analysts blackberries? (2016)

Will be starting at a global MM this summer, and I have yet to find out what "perks" the office offers.

I know a lot of banks have phased out blackberries altogether, with many of them pushing for employees to use their personal phones for work.

Which banks still offer analysts blackberries? Do any of them even offer analysts a work phone nowadays?

Good App is a complete joke... The fact that it needs to be actively checked is a nightmare. I just want my phone to buzz everytime my associate shoots me a weekend email so I know if its a firedrill. With the good app I am on tenterhooks checking the app all weekend trying to make sure I dont miss anything

BreakingintoIBD:

Good App is a complete joke... The fact that it needs to be actively checked is a nightmare. I just want my phone to buzz everytime my associate shoots me a weekend email so I know if its a firedrill. With the good app I am on tenterhooks checking the app all weekend trying to make sure I dont miss anything

This. I hate GOOD app more than the red blinking light of death

Nothing is true; everything is permitted.

Good is better than AirWatch. Our IT department shifted from the first to the second a while ago. AirWatch is like going backwards 5 years in terms of user interface.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, post threads about how to do it on WSO.

I'm at an AM firm, so not entirely relevant, and some have blackberrys, others use personal devices. We use Touchdown (Symantec) that requires a password to access the email and can be wiped remotely by IT if needed (without wiping the whole phone). Works great, I get notifications as normal and simply enter my passcode to read them. Surprised banks don't use something similar

Array

We are in the process of moving from BB to iPhone. We also have the option to use a personal device (with Good app) and receive $20 per month for our personal data usage.

----- -Sabot

Fugiat non cupiditate consequatur cupiditate quis magnam distinctio. Quis eveniet cum quod similique quo excepturi odio aspernatur. Fugit eaque facilis labore debitis qui officiis. Dicta voluptates incidunt eius qui veritatis.

Et aut eum fuga consequatur ea fugit ea amet. Magni veritatis qui ducimus iusto ut. Nemo quia harum ut ut. Amet aliquam rerum autem non est et accusantium voluptatem. Maiores excepturi quam velit eligendi commodi rem optio ut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”