WSO 2017 Investment Banking Industry Reports Released. Salary, Bonus, Employee Satisfaction, Average Hours Worked and More...

Dearest WSO Members and Visitors:

I am excited to announce the launch of the 2017 WSO Investment Banking Industry Report. You may remember several years ago we released something similar outlining compensation, rankings, etc across industries, but it was a static report and it was incredibly cumbersome to compile.

Investment Banking Salary and Bonus Report

We've been working over the past month to try and recreate that report from several years ago, but our goal was to have it as a more fluid resource that updates as more and more members contribute to the WSO Company Database.

WSO Company Database - IB Compensation, Average Hours, and Lifestyle

To get access to all 47,000+ submissions for 1 month for free, you still have submit ONLY ONE interview insight, compensation or company review...or you can get access for a full year with just THREE submissions. Thank you to the 30,000+ unique members that have helped us build this resource. We're excited that now the report section is live, we'll be able to accelerate the submission rate and help notice trends quickly...

Private Equity, Hedge Fund, and Consulting Industry Reports

Now that the Investment Banking section is fully complete we have focused on rolling out reports for other industries such as the private equity industry, hedge fund industry, consulting industry, etc... Check them out.

...without further ado...

Access the IB Industry Report

As always, we welcome your critiques and suggestions on how we can make the reports more insightful and useful to you...this is iteration 1.0.

Thank you,
Patrick

Very interesting. Surprised by the chart showing the average number of hours worked.

Best Response

Actually, Goldman, BAML, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Citigroup and Barclays all had more submissions than Wells...see further down, we detail "Submissions by Company"....so I'd say it was on the lower end in terms of # of submissions for bulge bracket banks.

What I think is interesting is the relative * moves between the banks over the years...we probably won't have this live for another month or so, but I think it would be more interesting to see the jump up or down in *relative percentiles vs where a specific bank "ranks" on a specific question at any given point in time (remember, these can change on the 2017 YTD report since we still have a lot of 2017 left).

For example, as recently as 2016/2015, Goldman and BAML, WSO members ranked them ahead of Wells on a lot of the "professional growth" categories. BUT I prefer to see these percentiles as a list of top banks (all ranked relatively equally) and to not think of them as rankings since all of these charts are based on subjective opinions of the members on WSO that fill out these submissions.

I think it's more interesting to see how certain firms are high in one metric but either non-existent or lower in another.

Just joking. You did a great job, and agree with your statement. Made the shitpost because Wells Fargo ranks incredibly well on virtually every metric, also for metrics they wouldn't be necessarily expected in by most (e.g. ahead of JPM and MS on career advancement, recommended companies, proudest employees etc.)

Et maxime et explicabo voluptas. Et molestiae dignissimos accusantium ipsam temporibus sunt. Vero voluptas dolorem facere ut modi cupiditate. Est enim eveniet voluptatem sit illo consequatur sint. Ab dolores voluptates explicabo. Architecto cum eum officiis quia unde. Veritatis et sed quo aliquam ab suscipit reprehenderit.

Dolorem repellendus illo dicta sed accusamus ipsam qui. Voluptates rem veniam fugit totam quasi consectetur at.

Sunt temporibus incidunt distinctio quia sed natus corporis. Asperiores atque officia iusto sed doloremque facilis. Perspiciatis aut odit facilis saepe. Sed inventore quia expedita voluptatem sunt.

Voluptatibus mollitia suscipit consequuntur fugiat quas. Minima totam et ut. Consequatur et ratione rerum nulla quas fugiat voluptatem.

Nisi sint aspernatur enim laborum esse in commodi. Fugiat ex qui eum quasi ut. Dolor repudiandae ea voluptatem quos perferendis autem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (89) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”