Youtube Bans Videos Alleging Election Fraud

Really, YouTube? Not even a disclaimer or a flag? Straight up banning? Censorship is getting out of hand nowadays. Yes, I know they're a private company and can do almost anything they want. But I can also disagree with their decision. Screw these people. You care so much about ensuring confidence in the US election? Do you want to delete videos that allege Trump colluded with Russia (which there is 0 evidence for)? Of course not, they'll never do that. When if comes to invalidating the 2016 election, it's all fair game and freedom of speech. But for 2020, we have to start banning. Fuck off. end of rant. 

Does anyone know a good alternative to YouTube? I know its very hard to replace it, but is there something close?

Sometimes I wonder if CRE is not a bot, or a paid shill

Sometimes I wonder if CRE is not a bot, or a paid shill

You don’t have to be a “paid shill” to realize there was zero fraud in the election. You do have to be incredibly lazy to immediately resort to calling someone a bot or a shill for disagreeing with your political views, or in this case, basic reality. 

Good lord, WSO. Get a grip. 

Commercial Real Estate Developer

Hmmmmmmmmm does your being okay with Google's censorship have anything to do with your inherent bias towards a hyper-progressive agenda? It would seem so. I would venture to say that if they censored something that you didn't agree with, you would have a very different opinion. 

inb4 "I'm not progressive!"

inb4 "I'm not progressive!"

I’d think standing up for the rights of an outrageously wealthy corporation should be evidence of that enough. 

As per your first attempt at a point, perhaps you're simply upset that there's one less place for conspiracy theory and far-right bullshit to spread via algorithm.  

You seem like the type of dude who is okay with his girl banging other men because "she has every right to make such a decision"

That is quite a bold statement coming from an anonymous guy. 

[Comment removed by mod team]

You seem like the type of dude who is okay with his girl banging other men because "she has every right to make such a decision"

I wish I could give you all the bananas you heroic stranger 

"The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than cowardly" - Robert A. Wilson | "If you don't have any enemies in life you have never stood up for anything" - Winston Churchill | "It's a testament to the sheer belligerence of the profession that people would rather argue about the 'risk-adjusted returns' of using inferior tooth cleaning methods." - kellycriterion

Dumb comparison - since in a committed non-open relationship, she wouldn't - but it’s funny. I’ll give it to you. 

Funniest

WSO's resident beta, soyboy, cucked liberal has arrived to save the day as expected.

Liberals in finance are one of the worst kind of people because they clearly did something wrong in the past and are now compensating/virtue signaling to cover up their past. Kind of like Justin Trudeau acting liberal to hide the fact that he wore black face not long ago.

From prior comments, I bet CRE was a racist, misogynistic, southern frat boy who changed his ways once he got into the professional world.

Lol, maybe it's the South Park marathon on right now, but definitely reminds me of PC Principal

WorldsGr8estKid

WSO's resident beta, soyboy, cucked liberal has arrived to save the day as expected.

You know no one talks like that in real life, right?  

Intelligent, rational people don't respond to something with "the person who said this is a beta, soyboy, cuck." Even my initial post, calling the OP a snowflake, was mocking this level of stupidity and you just...leaned right in to the stereotype. 

MrJack5

How the fuck would you know if there was election fraud or not. Did you manage/oversee the entire process? 

Are you honestly intellectually lazy enough to claim that you need to personally witness or experience things to know them? 

How would you know that gravity exists? Have you studied it? Or that carbon is an element? Did you manage/oversee its discovery? Or that the Allied powers won WWII? Did you fight in the war? 

There is overwhelming evidence that the election was perfectly above board. 50+ court cases alleging the opposite have been thrown out. 

Most importantly, you don't need to personally oversee or experience something to know its validity or existence. That is simply not how knowledge works. 

:

Does anyone know a good alternative to YouTube? I know its very hard to replace it, but is there something close?

Bitchute

Yeah I might check that out.

Side note, this is from Wikipedia:

BitChute is a video hosting service known for accommodating far-right individuals and conspiracy theorists, and for hosting hateful material.

Don't you love how every potential competitor to a big tech company that provides a free-er platform is immediately branded as "accommodating far-right individuals," hateful material, conspiracies, and neo-Nazis? Expert economic moat-building right there.

iercurencDon't you love how every potential competitor to a big tech company that provides a free-er platform is immediately branded as "accommodating far-right individuals," hateful material, conspiracies, and neo-Nazis? Expert economic moat-building right there.

You'd have a better point if the highly publicized competitors, like Parler, didn't...accommodate far-right individuals, hateful material, conspiracies, and neo-Nazis. 

Honestly, more these social media companies censor, more divisive this country becomes.

We already have different media sources for people of different political beliefs. Once we have different platforms for people of different political beliefs, we're all gonna be living in different realities.

At that point, are we even living in the same country? 

It's messed up.

back when travel was allowed, I was able to travel close to 3 dozen states in a year for work. interacting with all sorts of folks, not just my well to do clients, and I don't really think we're that apart on basic American values. the people at the far ends are the loudest, but the vast majority of people agree on basic principles. I'm optimistic the pendulum can swing back. it may be 10 years, but I'm optimistic.

here's the difference, the intransigent nature of Jews who keep Kosher or Muslims who abide by Halal rules. most vegans give up their views, many marxists eventually figure out that their views are dumb, and moreover, there is not one static dogma for how to behave in today's "intolerant minority," so I have a hard time believing this intolerant minority which is ever-morphing and impermanent will have the same permanent effect on society as Kosher had on the food industry.

You aren't wrong but at the moment the intolerant woke is morphing by adding new members faster than it loses them. It's basically the most aggressive and expanding modern religion. This is despite the fact that the rules of the cult are ever changing, often incoherent and getting stricter every day. So long that I keep seeing it encompassing larger and larger elements of daily life, then I can't see it disappearing until it hits an equally intolerant rock. Indeed you don't see it growing in Muslim countries or China. 

Never discuss with idiots, first they drag you at their level, then they beat you with experience.

Both again right and wrong. House results showed a rejection of extremism (and Trump for that matter). Yet Biden is picking racial equity (equality of outcome) experts for his team, Yellen declared it a goal of her mandate, and both have adopted woke language in their public declarations. This is not about winning over the majority. It never was. Most Germans weren't Nazis, most Russians weren't Bolsheviks. These people are after power, the majority will comply out of fear of having their lives ruined. 

The woke at Youtube are relatively few but the company abides to their rules.

Never discuss with idiots, first they drag you at their level, then they beat you with experience.

full disclaimer - if there was any election fraud, it wasn't enough to overturn the result. I'm of the opinion that the voter irregularities may have been higher because of higher voter turnout, but even in a utopia without the slightest iota of fuckery, the result would be the same. also, private companies can and should be left to do whatever the fuck they want within the law.

that said, this sets a very weird precedent. you're right, there are other videos out there that are untrue, does that make them more or less dangerous than an election fraud video? who decides that? 

I'm of the opinion that it'd be better for our society to let bad ideas sit out in the open like a fart in a public place. if you post some dogshit idea, you should have the light shone on you for being an idiot. hiding ideas that are shitty conspiracy theories only emboldens their believers (they wouldn't ban us if they didn't have something to hide MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN), so let them sit out there like that fart. let everyone go "hey, there's that asshole that farted in the grocery line, fuck you man, don't ever do that again, shame on you!" except for a half baked video by someone with nothing better to do than ruffle feathers.

Genuinely curious, what's your take on the video that surfaced from the State Farm arena in GA of them counting ballots after sending the GOP poll watchers home?  That + the sworn affidavits is by the legal definition "evidence," and when paired with the also proven false excuse that there was a "pipe burst" which forced them to send people home it certainly looks bad.  There's a ton of stuff getting brought up in other states that looks interesting but has yet to bear any fruit, but the GA vid in particular looks damn near incriminating for at least that one location. 

On the note of YouTube deciding to implement this policy, horrible.  Isn't it interesting how they're only choosing to implement this type of rule now and not last election when there were equally hot accusations?  Especially when all of those turned out to be complete wastes of time.  If we have to allow one side to eek out all their grievances through videos and new segments raving about how the election was stolen through fraud and interference, letting them have their own investigations and senate hearings, why won't they allow the same for the other side?  

"The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than cowardly" - Robert A. Wilson | "If you don't have any enemies in life you have never stood up for anything" - Winston Churchill | "It's a testament to the sheer belligerence of the profession that people would rather argue about the 'risk-adjusted returns' of using inferior tooth cleaning methods." - kellycriterion

again, I never said there wasn't fuckery, but is there fuckery to the degree that the outcome of the election would be changed? not from what I've seen, I listen to plenty of conservative commentary as well and most of what I've heard is interesting anecdotes that prove fraud exists, but not fraud on the scale that Trump is asserting. he's a sore loser who thinks that the mere presence of fraud invalidates the outcome of the election. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I've seen exactly zero evidence that whatever fraud occurred was enough to overturn the results.

completely agree on YouTubes policies. at a government level, they're private so should be allowed to conduct their business as they wish, but if I was running things I'd not be so quick to back myself up in a corner like they have.

btw I didn't MS you, not sure why your post deserved that

Prestige_Is_Fake

Lol imagine getting triggered about what rules youtube has, couldn't be me

lol imagine being so ignorant about history and apathetic about life that you don't care at all about the increasing censorship and potential ulterior motives of one of the largest, most powerful information sharing platforms on the planet. 

I think both sides are pretty damn crazy. I’d really like to have the same perspective as thebrofessor , I probably just haven’t traveled enough. 

Both sides see the extreme of the opposite side. From the left, they see radical legit neo Nazis who hate minorities and see Trump as a guy who can seriously push a militia to start some war. From the right, they see dudes in all black throwing Molotovs are breaking into stores, trying to recreate the Russian revolution to establish communism. 

Those both extremes do exist. I’m more worried about more people getting sucked into either side of the extremes. I like to believe there’s a bell curve, where there’s a ton of people who just want to be left alone and have a good moral judgment of right and wrong. 

Here’s where my (possibly incorrect) perspective gets controversial- I think youtube and tech firms want to avoid some serious fallout and are worried that the crazy, fringe militia types start an insurgency to keep Trump in office. I think they don’t really care so much about the “fabric and unity of America”, more so that it would be bad for business. 

Again, I personally like to believe most Americans just want to go to work and spend time with their family and aren’t so enthralled by everything (left or right)

“The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates, and a monthly salary.” - Nassim Taleb

I'm far more concerned about my freedom as an american by the acting president attempting to perform a coup by overturning a pretty clear election result than a private internet site taking down some videos. but that's just me.

Of course there is no fraud if you close your eyes , don't listen to anything, constantly shout "debunked! Disputed!" to everything and don't leave your liberal coastal / big city hysteria bubble. 

My opinion is part of the reason liberals / democrats so vehemently deny voter irregularities is because at the end of the day even if fraud was 100% proven they wouldn't care. They assume they know what's better for the country and victory needs to be achieved better at any cost.

People have a very thin definition of what they think Trump team needs to prove happened so that they win. That is not the case.  

Looking forward to the next few weeks. Some people are going to have a complete breakdown.

Of course there is no fraud if you close your eyes , don't listen to anything, constantly shout "debunked! Disputed!" to everything and don't leave your liberal coastal / big city hysteria bubble. 

My opinion is part of the reason liberals / democrats so vehemently deny voter irregularities is because at the end of the day even if fraud was 100% proven they wouldn't care. They assume they know what's better for the country and victory needs to be achieved better at any cost.

People have a very thin definition of what they think Trump team needs to prove happened so that they win. That is not the case.  

Looking forward to the next few weeks. Some people are going to have a complete breakdown.

Alright... so what is there exactly to look forward to in the next few weeks? Could you please provide some factual data that backs up whatever you may be claiming? Not being an ass either but if you're one to claim fraud with no evidence, you are no better than the rest of them.

I never comment on the political posts, and I don't live in the US, so am trying to stay a bit impartial in this (although likely I would identify more with democrats lately than republicans, which changed as I lived and worked in more countries around the world, currently in country number 7). But a lot of the portfolio I manage is in the US, so I need to shift through a lot of information and decide what I think is the correct version to guide my investments. I will let everyone rant and debate, but there's some points I'd make:

1) Not sure the Youtube decision is correct, even though a private company can indeed to what they want as long as it's legal. If you allow flat earth videos, antivaccination "documentaries" and illuminati conspiracies, how is this any different, either for an un-biased or liberal outfit (depending on which side of the spectrum you think youtube is). Unless it noticed videos broke other policies, such as inciting to violence.

2) From people commenting on how do you know there's no evidence of fraud. It's true, almost all of us wouldn't know. But if Trump appointed judges and everyone on the supreme court rejects all the lawsuits, I tend to think Trump or Republican lawyers also don't have that evidence. 

3) Russia investigations after 2016 might have been partisan in certain areas, but not something with 0 evidence, since the Justice Department of a Republican government sent some people to jail on the back that. 

4) And this is a point where I have more experience than most people here. I was born in Eastern Europe in communist times and have lived through many flawed elections in my country and other developing countries where I worked. In all cases where the people in power yelled that an election they were in charge of organizing was lost because of fraud, it was because they couldn't steal enough votes themselves to overturn it. Not saying this has happened in the US, but I am always suspicious now when the party in government somewhere alleges there was fraud in the election they organized and supervised.     

Eius dolores cum aut possimus. Eos dolorem et magni ut error architecto atque. Tempora ab soluta omnis incidunt amet nulla dolore veritatis.

Qui voluptas laudantium unde vel natus. Quia ducimus rerum doloribus qui. Quia sit sed dolorem laborum. Ducimus iste aperiam aliquid fuga voluptates rem.

Rerum magnam voluptatem dolores ut in sunt. A facilis ex totam libero magni maiores reprehenderit.

Sunt numquam quis eum. Ipsa voluptas ducimus eveniet alias consectetur exercitationem ut. Molestiae ullam et ipsam repudiandae consequatur temporibus.

Blanditiis odit et fuga doloremque. Dolor quo voluptatem illo dolores molestiae totam. Cum reprehenderit ut harum tenetur nostrum provident. Aut sint est perferendis.

Ex soluta quo rerum sint. Nisi odio delectus pariatur praesentium temporibus et dicta.

Sit ut ut at aspernatur. Blanditiis sunt similique est quibusdam accusantium excepturi. Aliquam ea quod ullam praesentium nisi.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”