With a rapidly growing base, the GSelevator twitter has a loyal following of 25,000 deep. The notorious tweeter allegedly works in some form of upper/senior management, but receives the majority of his posts from emails that come into [email protected]. On a side note, the tweeter claims that if his following reaches 40,000+, he will list Blankfein's personal address, cell phone number, and email. Ouch.
No wonder Goldman has reportedly created an internal investigation unit to put an end to this public relations nightmare. To do my part and gather awareness for the cause, I'm going to go ahead and list my top 10, all-time favorite tweets:
10) #1: I hate Thanksgiving. #2: How is that possible? #1: My extended family is pretty middle-class, and they look at me like I'm a prick.
9) #1: I was gonna take her on another date, but then I listened to Jobs' commencement speech.... 'Keep looking. Don't settle.'
8) #1: 'Equities in Dallas' doesn't seem so bad nowadays.
7) #1: "They're so washed up, people should tell their kids to go and Morgan Stanley before dinner."
6) #1: Getting laid off from Goldman is like being traded by the Yankees. You'll probably still make millions, but it's just not the same.
5) #1: VIX above 40. #2: #1: Whenever you think, 'I've done way riskier shit than this,' remember: Steve Irwin was killed by a fish.
4) #1: Buy an Analyst a woman and you get him laid for a night. Teach an Analyst to womanize and you get him laid for a lifetime.
3) A#1: My associate is a fat bitch. A#2: I'm sure she wishes she had a black eye just so people would think she actually has a boyfriend.
2) [Analysts leaving] #1: Are you guys going out tonight? #2: (nods) Dropping coin like Michael J. Fox at a parking meter.
1) #1: [re janitor in elevator bank] Do u think he tells chicks he works at Goldman Sachs? #2: Of course, he doesn't just clean up at work.
Occupy Wall Street Bonus:
#1: Walking around the protesters outside makes me feel like how a black guy must feel in the gym shower. #OWS
For much more daily shenanigans go to www.twitter.com/#!/gselevator