People can ask me questions about the firm (ER division) if they’d like. If it’s super specific, ask me to PM you—otherwise I’ll just reply here

Most Helpful

Good performers are consistently promoted to the analyst level after 3 years as an associate—otherwise, you’re kind of ushered out at the 3-year mark. Promotions to PM largely depend on whether there’s actually a spot open or a particular opportunity available, but many people are happy to stay analysts. Culture-wise, everyone’s very friendly, but it’s a meritocratic environment and it’s hard to coast. As an intern, you work long-ish hours mainly because you’re inefficient and don’t know much (around 70 hours a week at the worst). I’ve been actively discouraged from working long hours, it’s not like banking, but it’s an intellectually demanding job. 

Never interviewed (or really applied) to sell side ER roles, can’t help out with that. But what I can say is that the interviews seem to be really tailored to the applicant’s background

Thanks for answering questions. If you don't mind I'm interested in the following:

- Did you network to get to the interviews or is it less important than IB and the likes? If you did network, did you do it with a stock pitch, or just "normal" networking?

- What was the interview process like? You said it was tailored to everyone, but would you mind sharing more details? Would understand if you don't want to be identified.

- Do many interns comeback with FT offers?

- What did you like, dislike about the experience or what surprised you?

I was diversity, so I'm guessing my process is very different than the regular process--don't want to be too detailed about it since long-only AM's a small world :)

Full-time offers can be selective. The truth is, they don't hire a ton of people, and you'll have to impress.

Not going to go into too many details about my personal experience with the firm, but I was surprised at how much autonomy you get even starting as an intern. You're given names to research, and it's up to you how best to go about that. Obviously there's mentorship, training, etc. involved, but it's not like you're assigned a ton of deliverables and menial tasks. Your stock pitches are your job. As an associate, you get direct coverage, and they do seem to consistently promote some to analyst. 

Sit sed facere aut voluptatem. Distinctio suscipit sed ullam.

Omnis atque voluptates et totam magnam. Dolor sed eum quibusdam sunt. Quod numquam est autem perferendis. Omnis id voluptatem nihil expedita labore blanditiis recusandae sed.

Quisquam animi error reiciendis ducimus aperiam. Maxime quo sunt et quis excepturi quod odio illo. Reprehenderit maiores ad fuga officia rerum enim. Harum sed cumque asperiores sequi dolor.

Pariatur dolor facere culpa sint dolorem ipsam rerum. A qui maxime dolor sit autem qui eos. Doloremque ullam libero qui excepturi numquam ea sunt ut. Et ullam molestias ipsa commodi minus quia voluptatibus ut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”