Two weeks post internship, still waiting return offer decision…ask HR for a follow-up?
I finished my ER internship at a BB outside of the States two weeks ago, but I haven’t been informed of a return offer decision.
I’ve read on the forum that in the US, IBD usually let you know their decision on your last day of internship, but I wonder how long does it usually take for non-US ER to whether or not extend a return offer to summer interns.
When still at the company, I once asked a junior analyst who successfully converted to full-time from summer internship, and he told me that two years ago (fully remote days during COVID in 2020) he actually waited a month…
Should I just keep waiting or can I potentially reach out to HR (the campus recruiting email address that previously sent over internship offer letter and others to me for internship on-board) and ask for a follow-up?
If yes, how can I phrase it in my email not sounding too much that I’m desperately hoping for an outcome? Meanwhile, I don’t have any other exploding offer that I can negotiate for a faster process…
Prospect in IB-M&A, bummer your thread hasn't had a response yet. Maybe one of these threads could point you in the right direction:
More suggestions...
Hope that helps.
Delete delete delete
Neque est commodi nesciunt dolore id odio. A facilis eaque natus suscipit iusto. Culpa dolore asperiores placeat qui.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...