“I had a very positive experience with my mentor and I am truly grateful for the time, support, and guidance they provided throughout our sessions. From the very beginning, my mentor was extremely kind, approachable, and available, which made it easy to communicate openly, ask questions, and discuss both my goals and uncertainties about the next steps in my career.
One of the most valuable parts of the mentoring experience was the work we did together on my LinkedIn profile. We essentially rebuilt and improved it from scratch, carefully going through my previous experiences, skills, and achievements and discussing how to present them in a clearer and more effective way. My mentor helped me understand how important it is to have a strong and well-structured LinkedIn profile and how to use it to communicate my strengths, professional interests, and career goals. The feedback and practical suggestions I received were extremely useful, and I now feel much more confident about how I present myself professionally online.
Beyond my LinkedIn profile, I particularly appreciated the practical tips and honest advice my mentor shared with me about how to approach the next steps in my career. The guidance was not limited to improving my online presence, but also helped me think more strategically about where I want to go and how I can get there. I received valuable suggestions on how to position myself, what aspects of my profile to focus on, and how to approach future opportunities more effectively.
Another aspect I appreciated was my mentor’s willingness to listen and adapt the conversations to my specific needs. I never felt that the sessions were generic or simply followed a predefined structure. Instead, the discussions were tailored to my situation, which made the advice much more relevant and actionable. My mentor was patient when explaining things, encouraging when I had doubts, and constructive when pointing out areas where I could improve.
Overall, this mentoring experience gave me both practical tools and greater confidence in taking the next steps in my professional journey. I came away with a significantly improved LinkedIn profile, a clearer understanding of how to communicate my experience and strengths, and a better idea of how to approach my future career development.
I would definitely recommend this mentor to anyone looking for someone who is supportive, knowledgeable, and genuinely invested in helping others grow. Their kindness, availability, and practical approach made the experience extremely valuable, and I am very grateful for all the time and effort they dedicated to helping me.”
What are the m&a league tables by value and deal count? Thanks!
"LevFin league table" when its just US LBO Loans? Which is 5% of the actual LevFin volume?
On average, how many hrs are worked as a lev fin junior associate? Potential opportunity to switch from sales s&t macro role to a lev fin associate role, but not sure if it's worth the change. Currently working 55 hrs a week, 50-60 avg. Current all-in comp is 200k
Depends on the bank but usually it’s the same as any IB coverage associate more or less
I have seen this move done twice but You will have to start as an analyst 1
Quickly summarizing in excel, just left-leads (no JBRs - filters are tough by company w/ this one - they jumble all the JBRs into 1 cell) - if someone has the league tables excel file with underlying data - happy to sort a better output...
2021: New Money, left lead only
Note 1 (New Money): No Refinancings, repricings, DIP, GCP),
Note 2 Left lead only (no JBR - altho a huge part of fees/business)
Insights on EMEA Levfin?
JPM, GS, BNP, DB, BofA, CS is broadly the top 6 and most respectable ones. Think that this is broadly the correct order more or less.
JPM is clear #1 every year more or less but culture is rough. BNP does a bunch of volume through balance sheet but not necessarily great analyst experience. GS is more of capital markets shop. DB/CS/BofA are probably the better LevFin teams that model quite a bit.
If anyone can speak for TD Securities Lev Fin...generally I heard that it was a pretty decent group, but seems relatively low on the table?
Quidem quibusdam veniam est molestiae vel quas. Rerum dolores aut dolore qui ut quae sit beatae. In illum et consectetur molestias esse cum. Sed maxime tempora ut error ut dolore.
Aut amet veritatis non ducimus temporibus est. Qui unde enim modi omnis exercitationem ea. Assumenda culpa alias doloremque. Ut excepturi repellendus natus atque omnis repudiandae quisquam libero. Quisquam et iure voluptatem ut in ratione architecto.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...