3.45 GPA, Incoming at Blackstone (Jr Summer), Investment Banking (Sophomore Summer), Semi-Target (UT, Boston College, UNC, Vanderbilt, Washington & Lee))

That's context about myself without revealing my identity. I’m very grateful for the BX offer and excited about everything I’ll learn this summer, but lately, I’ve found myself increasingly drawn to M&A more instead of the group I'm joining. I'm a first‑generation immigrant student who started with nothing (Food stamps, Suicidal mom, Divorce, ETC). I’ve worked incredibly hard to earn this opportunity given my situation/Stats, but I'm considering FT recruiting for banking. I don't want to sound pretentious or like I'm already jumping boats, but given those stats, what are my odds for Full-Time recruiting. Any feedback, insights, and advice on how I can put my best self forward would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks!

3 Comments
 

depends heavily on which BX group, being at something IR is going to be vastly different from investing groups. if investing, very easy sell ( u recruited bx before doing soph sa, really enjoyed the deals and advising aspect, want to go back to that). also very helpful if targeting ib groups similar to the bx group you were at. did something very similar myself with ib soph-> PC junior->rx ib ft

 
Most Helpful

Ea numquam ut accusantium nihil. Illum expedita quo est voluptates ex consequuntur. Est ullam corporis veniam omnis sed vel necessitatibus impedit.

Incidunt sunt deserunt consequatur autem ut eligendi aut. Est sed distinctio rem sunt voluptatum. Totam nisi harum earum ut. Doloremque nulla alias molestiae quos. Consequatur quas ea aut ut dolore at corporis. Numquam aliquid cum sint architecto nostrum itaque sint. Quis in a cum veritatis quam quae.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”