BAML 2020 SA - Any updates?

Hey guys, I was wondering if any other incoming 2020 SA has had trouble with the onboarding process. For starters, I still cannot access my onboarding forms. HR contact said there was an internal issue and they'd get back to us as soon as it's resolved, but I haven't heard anything for about two weeks. Starting date is not affected since this is an internal issue.

Aside from onboarding - For those who will be working in a different city, how are you dealing with housing? I don't think I'll be securing housing until mid-April as we still have yet to see how the virus plays out. Would it be a good idea to reach out to HR for help finding university housing, or should I do this on my own?

How long did the background check take for you? Also have some onboarding delays

Anyone heard anything about possible virtual internship?

Anyone know if a drug test is included in the onboarding process

Is BAML paid a weekly prorated salary or are they paid hourly? If other banks follow suit and pay hourly, how do you think they will do this?

I am working on that bank.

HR is not sure about the internship, neither if its going to happen in-site, WFH or if they are delaying / cancelling. They have no idea due to the late outbreak.

Probably will be a few weeks longer. Internships in London usually don’t start until late June, whereas in the US internships start in the first or second week of June

People already bought their housing. College dorms aren't going to extend their rooming timeline unless school itself is delayed or cancelled for the fall.

Were you guys talking about not being able to download two onboarding forms in order to complete the process? -I had gotten that email saying that the portal was broken, but I was able to still download them

Also, that email this morning was the highlight of my month

Array

Anyone have their placement day today? If so how did it go for you? was pretty hard for me

Anyone receive the survey they said they were going to send out

does anyone know when BAML is planning to give their next update. probably sometime this week right ? let’s hope for FT offers

No, NYC. I assume you are london ? and what is your reasoning behind thinking no FT offers ?

I’ve noticed that BAML usually sends emails on Wednesday. hopefully we get one tmr with the update we have all been waiting for. let’s pray

HAHA I knew that FT offers are not automatically on the table of BAML.

did he mention anything about FT offers? Or how Citi did them?

On a separate note, has anyone not received a GCIB mentor as yet?

Hope for the Best!! I believe they will treat us well.

Anyone get assignments for fingerprinting or hear any follow-up since we submitted those political contribution/employment history forms? pretty paranoid about missing that email or an onboarding step...

Edit : aside from the online training program update

For anyone that’s interning in BofA London - could I check how far you are in the on boarding process? I’ve submitted the health questionnaire about a month ago with the hire right thing but haven’t heard since. I’m not a spring convert

Just talked to my Mentor and he said the consensus at BAML seems to be that FT decisions will be still made at the end of the internship and that they have plans on how to assess the interns although its virtual...

That sucks damn, I really hoped for the FT

Lol....you do realize that banks generally have really poor tech infrastructure, right? After all, isn’t Capital One the only bank at this point that runs on Java? All the other banks use COBOL..... LMFAO. I mean, who the fuck still uses COBOL

Impact:
Hey guys, I was wondering if any other incoming 2020 SA has had trouble with the onboarding process. For starters, I still cannot access my onboarding forms. HR contact said there was an internal issue and they'd get back to us as soon as it's resolved, but I haven't heard anything for about two weeks. Starting date is not affected since this is an internal issue.

Aside from onboarding - For those who will be working in a different city, how are you dealing with housing? I don't think I'll be securing housing until mid-April as we still have yet to see how the virus plays out. Would it be a good idea to reach out to HR for help finding university housing, or should I do this on my own?

You should take one thing into account BAML London usually hires 50 for summer, this year it has 15-20 off cycles (much bigger class than notmal, two times bigger). Most of the off cycles will get an offer as they have 6 months to prove what they are worth and learm from their mistakew, which leaves SA2020 with less seats for 2021 promotion.

Before it used to have less off cycles and they used to join the same year after the off cycle, which is not going to be the case this year.

Then include that classes will shrink as BAML was increasing size due to a very strong pipeline. Now take all of this into account and try to understand that FT conversion rate is not going to be 100% and will be lower than in other years unless covid19 effect lowers and M&A comes strong again.

Nevertheless those at DCM at BAML you are lucky the market share its gaining is incredible its doing way too good so you will get a lot of exposure and there will be good headcount, more than usual.

Yeah I also heard from a friend that this years off cycle class was the biggest at BAML in a long time and that all of them are about to get the offer.

Not all of them will receive it, but most of which I worked with are pretty good, you wouldnt know if they are analysts or interns if you saw them working.

Thats also cause most of them worked at other banks and many have more than 6-8m of experience which gives them an edge

Also I would like to add. I believe the person above who spoke with his mentor is not from US. Possibly London. I think that this is true bc i have not heard of any U.S interns getting mentors as group placement is not even finalized. So, hopefully there is still a chance. A good point made above was that London interns have 6 months to prove themselves. Where as U.S intern will most likely have 5 weeks...

BofA London has not been allocated group placement nor a mentor - in fact, the person mentioned he was in the U.S.

Additionally, I don't think you understand what the poster was talking about. There are two types of internships - Summer Interns and Off-Cycle interns. Summer Internships are a standard 10 weeks. Off-Cycles are for people who are on gap-years or recent graduates etc who intern for 3-6 months. The vast, vast majority of interns at BofA are summer interns, not off-cycles.

Controversial

Guys I think we will receive the Ft offer for sure :) we just need to think very positively.. Why shouldn't BAML do the same like Citi? It does not make sense to me!! So LETS GOO!

My friend is interning in a different division of BofA in NYC (I’m in IBD in NYC) and she emailed HR on Monday. Her HR told her they will hear an update by end of week. So looking like we will hear something tomorrow

HR sent an internal memo saying that they still dont know the headcount for 2021 so very unlikely that automatic offers are given

I think only people from London where on CC no idea about NY.

Anyways they said that they are taking a global approach on all of their decisions, so there is no discrimination. Would take it wil a grain of salt tho, as until yesterday they didnt decide if they wanted to keep hiring freeze for 2020 or not...

I haven’t got one as yet. IBD NYC here. Wish I had someone on the inside to talk to haha

Expedita quas ut corrupti ducimus ea consequatur soluta. In sunt nemo aut modi. Molestiae minus velit iste dolores labore fugit. Dolor totam facere dolores rerum eum rerum perferendis.

Dolores itaque dignissimos autem eligendi eius recusandae sint. Quasi enim ut molestias ut pariatur sunt. Enim non recusandae tenetur tenetur dicta explicabo eum. Iste nemo explicabo ducimus impedit ea.

Quisquam vel quaerat dolores. Rerum id eligendi omnis aut eos voluptatem. Minima culpa ullam ut magnam fugiat rerum quas. Et quidem error id sed nam rerum alias.

Corrupti commodi nobis tempora autem ab consequatur. Molestias et consequuntur modi impedit et quis doloribus. Vel autem illum ipsa. Voluptas atque veniam aut autem. Rerum aut porro sint enim. Reiciendis quisquam eos est sint. Placeat quia temporibus officiis ipsum architecto et.

Ipsa qui itaque reprehenderit corrupti aut harum consequuntur. Et quidem labore corporis. Et minima maxime commodi minima. Qui omnis qui eum. Aspernatur suscipit qui eligendi natus. Doloribus dolore voluptatem eveniet quae non rerum minus.

Autem aperiam nam sequi odio. Eum non ducimus fugit quia neque doloremque dicta magni. Minima accusamus rem cum at et est corrupti.

Nulla tenetur et aut vitae cumque ab. Voluptatibus dolores hic molestiae omnis repudiandae.

Praesentium consequatur qui qui soluta ullam ut totam. Minima animi autem doloribus itaque doloremque. Magnam dolores aspernatur deserunt optio debitis.

Quaerat eos ut ut doloremque eius. Sunt non quia distinctio. Laboriosam voluptas consectetur error vero atque quia excepturi quasi. Omnis fuga veritatis dolorem dolores possimus. Architecto a aut et eveniet consequatur.

Commodi animi sed asperiores incidunt. Eveniet eaque reprehenderit ut est. Aspernatur ea ea quia consequatur. Sunt impedit nesciunt earum ipsum nesciunt modi. Ducimus hic magni quae quia quia ut voluptatem eius. Officia sed provident quisquam et sed quia. Reiciendis consequatur et molestiae sed quae possimus sed ex.

Aliquam dolor quis eveniet consequatur aut officia. Fugit sit quis fugit. Consequuntur mollitia est reprehenderit quo eum autem. Tempore alias nobis dolor ut dolor ad neque. Quis illo quo aut ut magni est. Sapiente tempore eos esse consequatur dolores vel expedita voluptate. Consequuntur est illum fugiat harum. Repellat occaecati facere sit ipsa adipisci.

Explicabo iste beatae omnis nostrum rerum vitae fugit. Itaque nostrum consequatur animi minima itaque. Iure at cumque voluptas ex ea nemo eos.

Aut harum ex qui id eum iste nulla. Numquam a sed hic rerum eum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”