Barclays Discovery Diversity Program 2021
Just wanted to start a thread for Barclays Discovery Diversity Program 2021 for current sophomores graduating in 2023. Please update this feed as you hear back during the process.
Just wanted to start a thread for Barclays Discovery Diversity Program 2021 for current sophomores graduating in 2023. Please update this feed as you hear back during the process.
| +146 | Piper Sandler in talks to acquire PWP | 65 | 1h |
| +135 | Just One More Year | 11 | 2d |
| +128 | Interns without return offers, careers & perspective | 11 | 1d |
| +115 | UBS Appears to be Exploring Sale | 16 | 3h |
| +83 | Are all these UBS postings bullshit? | 21 | 1d |
| +79 | Bringing Deals as a Vice President | 25 | 1h |
| +73 | Paradise Is Paradise | 5 | 1d |
| +38 | Q&A | Investment Banking Analyst, UBS | 2 years in investment banking | 11 | 2d |
| +32 | M&A is Paradise | 1 | 2d |
| +31 | Will they pay Directors $1mm+? | 14 | 3d |
Career Resources
My application is glitchy when it asks me to select country and major, so I literally can't complete the form. Did this happen to anyone else? I know the deadline is still a few weeks away.
Do we need a cover letter for this opportunity or no?
Following
Following
Following
.
Did you guys never get a confirmation email for applying/you can't see what programs you applied for on the website? I applied, but have no way of following my application.
Thank god I'm not the only one, I hate that they don't send out confirmation emails.
Anyone hear back yet?
^
^^
Nope. Heard from HR there will be an interview process not just acceptance/rejection letter like some other diversity programs.
Did they give you any insight on when we would hear back?
at my target, people have heard back for phone interviews
Can anyone else confirm this?
People at my target (non-Ivy) have scheduled interviews for later in the week. Basically if ur school has OCR then your team send a list of names to HR for the program. Good news ab the program is you have good odds to convert
Has anyone non-core heard back?
Got an email yesterday about reviewing resumes and doing phone screens and was told I would get info later this week.
Do you know what day candidates should hear back from regarding the program?
No idea. I have to have my calls done and reviews/feedback sheets submitted by the 26th. I'll ask tomorrow.
I heard back last week and have a phone screening this week -- any idea if it's behavioral or technical?
I heard back today for a phone screening on Thursday. I had one in the past (not for IB) and I got asked about previous experiences. One question was about how comfortable I was with excel but I had to go into detail talking about how I used different excel functions and analysis tools. The rest was behavioral/get to know you. Let me know how yours goes if it's before mine!
.
Behavioral
I was emailed about scheduling a phone interview today.
Anyone heard back yet? I’m doing the Chicago office and apparently decisions are being released today or tomorrow?
I haven't heard anything yet, you?
did anyone hear back for nyc office?
I think results are coming out tomorrow from what I know.
How do you know?
Haven’t heard back. Super non-target, think UMASS/UCONN/URI. Am I screwed just because of school?
not at all.
So people in NY office are still waiting to hear back?
Just heard back w an acceptance. At non-ivy target. Was the RSVP a Piazza link for anyone else? How weird
Also heard back w an acceptance (ivy), and got a piazza link to RSVP.
is this for s&t?
Did. U guys get the email to schedule ur interview after?
Anyone hear back for sales and trading?
Target non-ivy, just got email that I am accepted to program (applied as S&T). No interview just direct acceptance email.
what time did you get the email? I'm wondering if it's being released in batches?
Do you still have to interview if you got accepted? What do they mean by "we will reach out in the coming days to schedule an interview". Is this for the 2022 Summer Analyst role?
Are you S&T or IB?
S&T
I was told there is a superday component for IB. Unsure about S&T
Did everyone hear at the same time or is it in batches? I haven't got any email (acceptance or rejection).
I looked at the one from last year and it’s unclear whether they sending in batches or not.... u feel like at this point it’s means we are rejected, also from a non ivy non target so maybe jsut a different pool / timeline ?
Someone got their invite at 1 am est and I know someone who got it yesterday at 5 p.m. est so I am not sure if it's going out in batches or not. It will be great if they sent rejection emails instead of no response.
from non ivy target, had a phone interview last wk (IB) it’s ended up just being an informational interview w me asking them questions haven’t heard back yet should i be concerned?
Has anyone from Non-Targets heard back about their app status for NYC office?
Yes. Non-target accepted to NYC IB Diversity Day following phone interview
Has anyone heard back from the Chicago office yet for IB?
Anyone have an idea when the superday should be?
Has anyone received an email about scheduling interviews?
Not yet, hbu
No sir
any insight on LA office?
just got invite for ib from target
Was this after an interview or without an interview?
Anyone hear back for Menlo Park IB?
I applied and interviewed for both ib and s&t and have been invited to event but not sure for both or for which one. Anyone know if we can have final interview for both?
did you get any info on scheduling interviews?
I did not but did get invite to event so confused.
I got piazza today to equity research which was the one I did not apply for so confused.
Does anyone have any idea of what the superday offer rate is?
50%? 20%?
I looked at threads when the program was called springboard and it looks like it would be 25%
Ur mom
Anyone got interview schedule yet
S&T got a superday interview coming up. I am really confused as their Diversity Program acceptance email said they will host an event on the 8th and only the following week there will be a superday interview, which is not the case. I am confused, are we interviewing for summer 2022 analyst positions?
What do u mean that's not the case
I might have misread the email, but the Superday should have been the following week of the Discovery Program event (which is on 8th), but it is immediately the next day, not the next week. Anyways, really excited!
Yeah I'm in IB we haven't gotten our interview times yet
are you in the women's track or the other diversity track (Black/hispanic/LGBTQ)?
Other diversity
Yo how is everyone liking the session so far. Lowkey insanely bored but I asked a fire question at least.
What? You're not loving the citizenship speech? lol
since there are 153 people at this shit, about 100 of them are involved in the discovery program. How many regular SA does Barclays have? 60-70? I would imagine that people in IB track have a 1/3 or 2/5 general chance at the superday. Let me know what yall think. Overall Barclays has a very chill process so it may even be 50%
nice estimate, there are about 95 people in the IB session right now so 50% even
isn't it normally 25% of people at the event get offers?
Also for target schools, does Barclays have a min/max number of analysts it will always take from the school?
Does anyone here have the IB superday tomorrow?? Does anyone know if the quality of candidates leads to different superday dates?
I think it's based on whether you're in the women's diversity track, LGBTQ, Black/Hispanic, etc. So if I'm not mistaken, the women's track is interviewing tomorrow (based on what I've heard from others)
also curious, do they wait until each Friday superday has been completed or is it different for each one
During yesterday's program they said we'll find out a week after each SuperDay
the last guy who interviewed me today said on wednesday.
has anyone received an email to schedule a IB superday for this coming friday or next friday yet?
just got an offer for ib!
didn't hear back today :(
last friday!
thanks!
Where are your interviewers from? I would suggest bringing up your location of interest during the interview
ok
Has anyone heard back or interviewed? Did they say how long to hear back
Did you do the interview yesterday? Think we hear back Wednesday
Ye
I did the HK superday
no
Did you guys send thank you email to the interviewers? Did they reply to the email?
No, I just assume I didn't make it tho. do u know anyone else who did it?
anyone know why the SA position is 8 weeks instead of 10?
You got a women’s offer?
yes
Honestly, HR hasn't communicated to the front office what the SA program will look like yet.
I don't know why it's 8 weeks and certainly we would not have asked for that or preferred that. I would say that we tend to have a high offer rate i.e. only enough interns as we have FT seats available. But yeah, 8 weeks is more challenging to ramp up.
Have you guys heard anything from HR about who is getting offers? Also is there a reason that Barclays takes much longer to get back than other banks?
Not wondering about the turnaround time to offers, but am curious when (if you've heard) offers will be extended
Anyone got a offer yet
did u do LGBT track superday 4 days ago?
-
So u had it the 9th?
Bump, did anyone receive an offer today yet?
Bump, also curious
Calls are going out now
Bump, waiting for a call
same here, lets keep each other updated. Best of luck and hope you're hanging in there
Sounds great and you too! I know it's a stressful process. Wishing everyone good luck
So why does Barclays take 65739202 years to tell people about offers? Every other bank takes about 24 hours to get back to people
Bump, as frustrated as the other in this thread. Anyone hear back today?
Have not heard back yet. Will update when I do
Heard back. Calls are going out now
A friend interviewed on Friday and I saw this thread. I thought only like 5-6 LGBTQ people even did the super with the levfin/capital markets guys, does that sound right?
Funny how there is 3-4 of those people in this thread right now.
Couldn't tell you. However, the super day Friday was for a variety of roles and different diverse groups (female, LGBT, etc.)
gotcha my friend assumed it was just LGBTQ
Guess nothing today
Better look for us all tomorrow
I pray so
Is there anyone who did the HK IBD superday got the offer call?
So...anything?
Anyone email hr
I emailed HR - she told me I was waitlisted and they wouldn't have a final decision by Friday - don't know when the earliest would be - i'm assuming however long they gave those who got offers to decided.
I heard at least one person on the waitlist was accepted today
Anyone? Lmao I’m dying out here fam
I'm dying too lol
Who tryna contact HR
I emailed them Tuesday with no response so if someone else could reach out that’d be great. Thanks lol
Calls are going out now. Good luck everyone
Did you get a call?
yes. got the call. good news.
Yes
Do they call you either way (if you got an offer or not)?
If we still haven't gotten a call yet, should we take that as a bad sign?
I got the call and the MD said I was the last one they were making so I’d say ding if otherwise. Don’t worry though if you got to this super you’re well set up for another process
I’m sorry you guys don’t want to hear the truth. Also if it wasn’t obvious I am in the position of supering on 4/16.
"I'm sorry you guys don't want to hear the truth" lookin ass ... I just know this kid will not be getting invites to drinks with his group next summer
Did u get an offer letter yet
Were the calls that came out just for IB or for S&T as well. I interviewed for S&T on 4/16
Mine was IB—hope this help soon
When are we getting offer letters
I haven’t got mine, did you get yours?
Nope, interviewed on the 16th
Did anyone interview today / know when we will hear back
Did anyone hear back yet?
A neque ducimus quo. Eaque assumenda quia nobis iusto. Fugiat rerum natus facilis praesentium odit. Corrupti omnis deleniti et velit sunt consequatur laudantium aut.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Eaque dolores qui ratione dolor ab. Repellendus asperiores est voluptatem distinctio non. Qui deleniti ducimus pariatur laudantium illum. Nostrum quia dolore quidem dolores. Non illum velit voluptatem et autem. Aut cum consequatur error iste. Voluptas sunt maxime perferendis eaque eos expedita sequi eum.
Qui facilis quia et natus delectus ut. Rem illum magni cupiditate. Labore et non consequatur modi sequi aut quia. Dolores itaque odit error aut iure. Quos unde similique exercitationem illo vel. Tenetur eos aliquam modi fuga.
Est sint ut quia ut tempore. Assumenda dolor autem dolores. Et eaque soluta rerum non velit dolore. Ea omnis nulla sint non.
Quod qui unde quis repudiandae earum nihil. Excepturi mollitia sequi aut fugit qui. Voluptas qui illo et facilis illum.
Expedita officiis repellat est ut eveniet et. Tempora animi molestiae dolores maxime qui ut velit. Quibusdam autem quam vitae impedit est voluptate quos quae. Vitae et autem magnam ipsam est.
At veritatis itaque ut qui nisi deleniti similique. Voluptatem doloremque maiores perspiciatis veniam quia fugiat. Facilis est minus dolorum ullam rerum nihil molestias ratione.
Esse non et incidunt iste ut iusto eum sint. In non fuga repudiandae ab maxime qui deserunt. Distinctio ratione tempora similique reprehenderit deleniti ea dolores veniam. Possimus dignissimos ut voluptatem sunt.
Et sapiente provident consectetur laborum. Voluptas aut sint est libero quae error. Et quos expedita cumque. Qui distinctio ab velit quisquam.
Dolore maiores in commodi eaque culpa ratione cupiditate. Impedit nesciunt est porro. Et ut et et sed laborum. Voluptas repudiandae dolorum ut repellat. Quaerat sint consequatur quod nulla dolorem quia sunt beatae.
At enim consequatur a quia. Qui temporibus sit quisquam libero porro non aspernatur. Inventore quasi ullam voluptate impedit officiis deserunt porro unde.
Enim vel vero et dicta quibusdam omnis quae architecto. Cumque sunt sed maiores deserunt dolores mollitia. Non tempore omnis qui ut numquam voluptas sit. Asperiores quia voluptatem quia quo. Sed delectus blanditiis quisquam ut voluptatem non omnis. Eveniet et accusamus optio voluptatibus tempora amet.
Sit soluta atque soluta deserunt quia ut voluptatibus. Est in eaque eum at possimus. Quibusdam soluta necessitatibus consequatur fugiat eum eius. Quasi mollitia officia optio sit iusto qui. Et dolor ducimus et et.
Vel nesciunt voluptatum harum voluptate placeat aut quaerat. Numquam atque nemo pariatur aut occaecati doloribus et. Dignissimos aut in tempore. Aut ut repellat dolorum. Sit consequatur quia omnis cum odio. Optio laboriosam accusamus voluptatem perspiciatis. Neque illum non aut sequi laborum.
Et voluptatem molestiae dicta iste veniam. Minima explicabo impedit et deleniti quis ut. Facere omnis cumque iure asperiores sequi saepe. Amet voluptates nulla et illum beatae rerum voluptatibus sint. Modi dolores sint quam rerum at porro at.
Impedit praesentium quibusdam magnam vitae a. Minima accusantium officia est. Illo eius sequi amet nisi nihil optio.
Sequi qui nihil officia quidem. Soluta expedita veritatis id dolore non adipisci et cupiditate.
Voluptates ipsa nihil dignissimos sit. Qui nulla culpa et voluptatem veniam.
In voluptatum et quos qui voluptas sint. Temporibus vitae debitis voluptas provident nihil sit. Repudiandae officia voluptate repudiandae. Sed sed vitae voluptatem et.
Omnis quam vero nam fugiat. Beatae magnam fugit totam dolorum. Rerum minus suscipit rerum excepturi officia ducimus.
Nihil fugiat et quo nam. Provident blanditiis repellendus adipisci. Explicabo eligendi vel sint molestiae iste facilis. In tenetur minus odio et. Rerum eius sint assumenda.