First round phone call with Dartmouth partners - PWP SIP 2021

Hey guys,

I have a first phone interview with Dartmouth Partners for the 2021 SIP at Perella Weinberg in London. Apparently the call takes only 15 minutes. I wanted to ask here if someone already had that type of call or knows what types of questions they will ask. I am bit confused since it seems to be a really short one.

Cheers!

I applied yesterday and got the invitation a few hours later. Kind of weird because it was Sunday. I was able to choose a time slot for the phone call in the PWP application center.

Seeing as you applied yesterday and the call is only meant to take 15 mins I'd imagine it's just to talk about your application etc. like most recruiters do? Not sure.

Most Helpful

Cunty questions on top of the classic ones. They often are not very nice. Cunty questions are like brainteasers that are ridiculous - ie how many sugar canes are harvested per year workdwide? Or stupid questions - is can you talk about something not on your CV that you do - lol that’s what the interest section is for bitch.

undefined:

Cunty questions on top of the classic ones. They often are not very nice. Cunty questions are like brainteasers that are ridiculous - ie how many sugar canes are harvested per year workdwide? Or stupid questions - is can you talk about something not on your CV that you do - lol that’s what the interest section is for bitch.

This is actually quite true. Lol for the number of people PWP hires in London, Dartmouth are really taking the piss.

Application questions include: what would you like to ask the head of PWP EMEA given the chance etc.

Not sure if they even converted their off-cycles this year much in LDN...

The real question is: when answering the Q on 'What would be the title of your autobiography?', did you just list the title, or did you include an explanatory paragraph?

Literally not true at all... incoming FT here and there are a fair amount of both French and Germans. If anything the firm lacks Italians in comparison to the 2 previously mentioned groups 

I had a Cambridge person interview me for PWP in yankee land and dear Christ, it was horrendous. Went super fast and had a mean attitude. Good luck britbro

So after the 2nd round zoom interview you do a math test or straight to AC?

How much might networking with PWP employees help with the application? Is there any point in trying before you've even been successfully screened for a first round?

I had an informal interview with one of their MDs and still got dinged by DP last year

Yes I have it on Friday morning...no idea of the format. Next step is the AC...

No technicals, just lots of fits and detailed analysis of my CV.... then online maths tests

Aperiam dolor in eaque odio eum. Est velit totam et cupiditate perferendis. Quia occaecati esse nulla in officiis. Id mollitia eligendi ut quos animi. Sunt illum mollitia iure totam.

Voluptates eos dolorum error nostrum ea aliquid dignissimos. Eos occaecati tenetur voluptatem cum ea vel eos. Quasi vitae fugiat aut porro adipisci aliquid voluptas. Perferendis autem minima facere aspernatur reprehenderit ipsa nesciunt. Nobis ut repellendus illo.

Dicta eum dolore sequi nisi aut repellat sed. Perspiciatis laborum perspiciatis eius repellat ipsum commodi quidem. Porro eos beatae enim dolores repudiandae minus quia animi. Vel repudiandae rerum error aperiam eos rerum necessitatibus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”