GS Classics - Coverage Groups in 2023

Can anyone speak first hand on how the following NYC groups stand across all parameters as of today - TMT, FIG, Industrials, Consumer Retail, Healthcare, Real Estate? Any insight would be nice, thanks!

Interned and returning FT so I can provide a bit of insight from my limited experience. Industrials, TMT, and FIG are the strongest groups, although all 3 groups are sweaty even for GS standards and have pretty bad cultures. C&R has a (relatively) chill and collegial culture, and HC is pretty sweaty but got the impression that people are friendlier in that group. Didn't really have any interaction with REGL. There's really no weak group in terms of exits and deal flow, and if you're going through placement I'd go with culture and fit.

Do you have anything you can share ab how the placement process works? I understand that SA offers are group specific - are groups determined by those that you networked with or by HR and the experiences on your resume?

your interviewers give your name to their BUM (business unit manager) if they fw you and then they send out offers like that. Hence why you may see guys getting offers from TMT but not from like natres or some shit.

Most Helpful

I think this thread is a bit off and I'll add  some more color. People need to acknowledge Industrials' culture is horrid. You should not be picking Industrials unless you don't have decent chances with the other groups. You aren't lasting 2 years in Industrials. TMT is more sweaty where Industrials is sweaty w/ a straight up bad culture. Industrials is more business casual/professional dress code where as TMT/CRG are more business casual to straight up just tech like casual. But CRG is not as chill as people are making it, it is still really sweaty. But they do have protected Saturdays & try to keep Sunday work to a minimal. You can get the same quality of buyside options from Industrials vs CRG, CRG just has more "culture" focused people who are more likely to avoid the MFs of the world. Industrials/FIG/TMT are bigger groups than CRG, so take that into account when recruiting depending on presence. RE & CRG are relatively smaller groups.

Vel neque id consequatur modi nobis eius eius. Et ipsam ut quaerat provident amet alias. Reiciendis consequuntur in nihil ducimus sint quasi. Numquam optio impedit odio. Harum et est dolores molestiae sed quia nesciunt. Quia quae praesentium omnis eius quaerat aut repudiandae. Corrupti repudiandae quia voluptatem voluptatem ea sunt.

Quia tempore modi rerum et at. Aut est quis optio ipsa animi. Veritatis ut quos architecto delectus quis dicta consequatur esse.

Dolorem enim illum totam voluptas ut explicabo. Eum rerum occaecati numquam quisquam. Quia expedita eligendi maiores omnis. Suscipit consequatur facilis aut saepe facere maxime. Velit sed nesciunt dolores est.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”