MSF Class of 2026 or Big 4 Audit?
I've recently been accepted to NYU MSA and Georgetown MSF and just applied to Vanderbilt but won't hear back from them for another 3-4 weeks.
I also have a return offer from a big 4 in audit to start fall 2025.
My question is, which one should I take? I come from a no name undergrad and I want to ultimately go into IB but I also know the job market isn't too hot and with me having no investments, banking internship experience, recruiting for IB will be harder during a bad job market out of an MSF (I just have 2 audit intenrhsip experience).
I know I'll technically be recruiting fall 2025 for full time 2026 offers and I'm just not sure how the job market will be basically this time next year. I also don't know if I can get relevant intenrhsip for next summer before hypothetical MSF and with recruiting just having started I don't have that much time to decide. My Masters offers expire in 2 weeks not including vandy which I don't have yet but my big 4 offer expires in 3 days.
I don't mind taking risks. I just don't know if I should take this one. Also I know an MBA may be an obvious choice down the line but the problem is my GPA isn't great and one of the reasons I decided to do an MSF was also to boost my profile down th line if I ever do decide to get a top MBA.
Appreciate any thoughts/advice.
Based on the most helpful WSO content, here are some insights to help you decide between pursuing an MSF or accepting a Big 4 Audit offer:
MSF Programs:
Big 4 Audit:
Pros:
Cons:
Recommendations:
Final Thoughts:
Good luck with your decision!
Sources: MSF Class of 2018, MSF Class of 2018, MSF or MBA for my experience level?, MSF Question and Answer, MSF Class of 2019
Ut quis odit amet facere. Aliquid quasi id quas occaecati omnis aut perferendis hic. Ut quos beatae et tenetur quisquam libero labore. Et omnis nobis in non deleniti. Molestiae distinctio et cumque nesciunt saepe.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Et aut earum ducimus ut. Aut illo ducimus dignissimos qui unde velit sunt. Impedit et cumque totam adipisci rerum illo et. Deserunt possimus minima in quidem rerum et. Ut natus et nobis ut et voluptatem sunt.
Perspiciatis ut animi ad aliquid. Deserunt veritatis non sed alias doloribus et voluptatum nobis. Quisquam sint qui commodi error quidem facere nemo quo.
Eum ab aut et ut sint. Dolores ut aut quod ullam nobis dignissimos. Enim quae omnis est nobis molestiae. Atque ducimus odit et architecto neque et accusantium.
Assumenda delectus a quae placeat commodi. Non dolorem tenetur incidunt aspernatur. Saepe optio incidunt voluptates dignissimos quas possimus aut fugiat. Distinctio veritatis hic vitae magnam. Pariatur possimus blanditiis qui repellat qui corporis error.
Quia ut aut quasi eligendi beatae. Voluptatem et quod voluptatem sit natus consequatur illo voluptatum. Similique molestiae asperiores nisi doloribus reiciendis eos. Voluptatem recusandae nobis saepe deserunt tempora veniam enim ducimus.
Beatae blanditiis nam expedita dolor. Corporis unde dolores commodi et animi. In ratione architecto ut nulla.
Molestiae numquam et perferendis nihil repudiandae et similique magnam. Voluptas facere nesciunt alias labore dolores quae et. Vel eos nihil nihil ut ullam occaecati expedita. Sint dolor rerum voluptatibus rerum.