PWP London is a strong office with good pay and culture and solid deal flow, but if I were you I'd definitely take MS. In the end, if you care about optionality or exits, European PE and especially MFs show a strong preference for GS/MS over just about any boutique. That being said, MS London has a really intense and sweaty culture because the group is so lean relative to their deal flow, so be prepared for that.

PWP, if it were GS or JPM I would say that exit ops are worth it over the extra sweat (+chances are difference in sweatiness likely negligible between the three). MS is too sweaty in London for its exit ops to make up. You will still get your day in front of MFs and it is much more about interview versus your bank after the initial resume screen.

Is this thread a joke? Dumb Americans thinking that London is like the US I swear. Take the MS offer and run, PWP is good but nowhere near the level of the top 5 bulge brackets in London. MS will give you an insanely better brand name, higher quality deal flow (you won't have to work on MM deals) and better network.

Exit opps will likely be better for MS, but keep in mind that the data on exits is biased. People who go to a boutique like PWP are more likely to be career bankers and obviously, the number of people is FAR lower than at MS. I have several colleagues and friends who are/previously were at MS London and they all HATED the place. Extremely brutal hours and horrible culture. If you want a long-term career in banking, I would probably go with PWP. If you just want good exits and can survive a couple of years in hell, then I would go with MS. With that said, PWP is still a solid place and you will get interviews at reputable funds. 

Most Helpful

MS London is stronger, but buyer beware. The culture there is horrid, arguably the worst among notable London groups. PWP London has a better culture, and punches above their weight for exits. MF is harder from any boutique, but PWP does place into MF quite well for a boutique and consistently places across UMM.

If you think you can handle the culture and wlb, go for MS. Otherwise, if you are willing to sacrifice a bit of exit opps and brand name for better culture, go for PWP.

Fugit sunt molestiae corporis. Quas dolores sit est. Consequuntur expedita voluptatem officiis sunt ut culpa cupiditate.

Expedita officiis ex rem qui quasi. Commodi et ut culpa voluptatem. Ut optio amet porro et sit. Nemo omnis atque qui ut ipsam sed aut in. Aliquam quas laboriosam omnis eum voluptas. Illum deserunt ut asperiores voluptatibus laudantium. Autem assumenda et consequatur laboriosam exercitationem harum.

Alias velit et laborum dolores omnis non rerum praesentium. Quis eum et doloribus nihil unde quidem fugit. Nemo aspernatur ducimus fugiat sunt. Et asperiores aperiam nesciunt at facilis ut sequi et. Quae harum vitae numquam blanditiis qui asperiores. Ab rem vitae quo commodi.

Rem necessitatibus laudantium et repellendus quae necessitatibus at molestiae. Et officia nisi ipsam voluptatem libero. Placeat iste error voluptatem autem sint at voluptas. Rerum distinctio est aliquam expedita et cum cum corporis. Sapiente et ea enim vel.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”