Questions for a Second-Time IB Informational Call
Currently a 3rd year master's in accounting (5-yr program) student at UT Austin McCombs looking to land an IB Summer 2020 internship in Chicago. Been networking with a couple of analysts these past few months, and I feel like I should hit them up again to catch up and talk more about their career / opportunities at their respective firms. Other than the fact that I joined an Industrials Fund at my school this past semester and booked a flight to Chicago to network in-person over April, there's not much else I can update my contacts on and (more importantly), not a lot of more advanced questions I can think of to ask them. I'm basically in search of some higher-level questions I can ask these same analysts on my second call with them. To give y'all a background, I asked questions such as these on my first calls with them:
• How did you decide to go into banking, and what brought you to X Firm?
• Where do you see yourself 5-10 years from now? Alternatively, what do you want to do in the long run?
• What brought you to Chicago, and why did you choose industrials/healthcare/etc.?
• What kind of deals have you recently been on?
• What's something you've learned thus far in your career that you never would have never expected to learn going into your job?
• How does mentorship work at your firm?
• What was your recruiting/networking process?
• Say you're in my shoes - what would you do to make yourself more marketable going forward?
• Other than that, how's Chicago and what do you like to do in your spare time when you get the chance?
If y'all can think of any sort of more "upper-level," second-time call questions, that would be HUGE. Thanks a ton for your time and hook 'em!