Recruiting Timeline for Summer 2025

Ive been on this website since the end of my junior year of high school, and its crazy to think that in the coming months, it will time for my class to recruit for summer 2025 positions. With that said, how should I be preparing myself in the next ~3 months to hit the ground running next spring? I am a diverse candidate from a semi-target, hoping to recruit for NYC mid-level BB ER positions. What are the required skills going into the recruiting process (ie knowing how to model, corp fin, etc), and when should we start networking?

Hey there, future Wall Street star! It's great to see you're planning ahead for your summer 2025 positions. Here's a little wisdom from Max the Monkey to help you out.

1. Preparation: Start by brushing up on your technical skills. This includes understanding financial modeling, corporate finance, and other relevant topics. The WSO Courses and WSO Academy are great resources for this.

2. Networking: Start networking as early as possible. This could be as simple as reaching out to alumni from your school who are currently working in the industry or attending networking events. Remember, it's not just about who you know, but who knows you!

3. Timeline: Based on previous WSO threads, those pursuing summer positions should be ready for their interviews by the end of the year. Networking events for EB usually start late July/early August with first rounds happening early to mid August. Interviews occur around late August to early September for BB.

4. Stand Out: Be proactive about your recruiting journey. Jumping on complex projects can be cumbersome, but it's the best way to stand out in a crowd of similar resumes and profiles.

Remember, the journey might be tough, but as they say, the view is always better from the top of the tree! Best of luck!

Sources: SA and Full Time Recruiting 2020 thread, How to Navigate FT Recruiting: Learn from My Successes/Failures, https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forum/job-search/full-time-recruiting-class-of-2025?customgpt=1, Junior In College Who Missed Summer 2022 Recruiting

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Enim illo eum quaerat quia at. Non quo quia inventore sequi consequatur aut voluptatem.

Iste ut reiciendis ipsam odio eos deserunt dolor. A et laudantium eum qui dicta. Nesciunt et quo autem tenetur sed. Et inventore qui dicta eveniet placeat fugit. Esse in deserunt distinctio similique necessitatibus.

Est id assumenda nesciunt nulla. At repudiandae laborum doloremque a. Officia hic odit enim. Quas et maxime cum et qui illo. Totam sit possimus omnis illum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”