SA 2025 Chances

Hey guys,

Hope everybody had a great weekend and looking forward to the holiday season!

Just took the WSO chance calculator and seemed inaccurate to me. So I thought might as well ask actual industry people what they think.

My stats are:

• Sophomore at Non-HYP Ivy, CS & Econ major, 3.8 gpa

• 2 Previous experiences in LMM Tech PE

• 36/36 in the ACT and perfect scores on 5 AP tests (Wasn't sure if this counts, but read on the forum that it might)

• Have been trying my best to network and gotten through to the college specific recruitment team at several banks 

• Here's the kicker though: Non-diversity International

Any shot at a GS/MS/JPM or EBs. Or should it not be a realistic target?

Thanks a lot for any insight and feedback!!

Hey there!

Sounds like you've been working hard and making some smart moves! Based on the most helpful WSO content, here's a quick rundown of your situation:

• Your academic credentials are impressive. A 3.8 GPA in CS & Econ from a Non-HYP Ivy is definitely a strong point. Your perfect ACT and AP scores, while not directly related to finance, show your dedication and ability to excel.

• Your previous experiences in LMM Tech PE are valuable. They show you have some understanding of the industry and have been proactive in gaining experience.

• Networking is key in this industry, and it's great to hear that you've been making connections. Keep it up!

• Being a non-diversity international student can present some challenges, but it's not an insurmountable hurdle.

As for your chances at GS/MS/JPM or EBs, it's hard to give a definitive answer. These firms are highly competitive and a lot depends on factors beyond just your credentials, like fit and interview performance. However, based on your profile, I'd say you're definitely in the running.

Remember, the journey to Wall Street is often a marathon, not a sprint. Keep networking, keep learning, and keep pushing. You're on the right track!

Best of luck, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have more questions!

Sources: Last chance for Investment Banking?, Goldman Sachs 2020 SA, Chances at Soph SA 21, Chance at HBS/GSB? Profile Evaluation

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

I could've said, "Sorry bro, just don't wanna end up at an MM like you.'

But I won't. I'm new to the forum, feel free to correct me but there's no need for unnecessary rudeness towards a young student anxious about recruitment.

Most Helpful

Ok, I was defending you but that's an insanely pretentious thing to say. Here's an interview tip: nobody likes pretentious people.

But u just said it. So what’s the point in all that. U could’ve just said what you wanted to say and would come off as less of an asshole.

What is the point in this? Obviously the chance is above 0, less than 1. Just focus on putting yourself in the best position by networking and having solid behaviorals and technicals. You can PM me (recruited at EB and am also nondiversity, international) if you have any questions.

You're good on the school part. GPA looks good, keep it above a 3.7

Previous experiences are relevant so good there

Perhaps include the ACT on resume but AP test scores don't matter

Networking is huge, make sure to broaden the network and make truly good connections

Non-diversity international will be tough but as mentioned above, network, network, network

It's only game over if you give up, good luck!

Funniest

Based on my matrix ur chances of getting into Evercore is 69.42%. However if u choose Lazard then it’s 69.69% given that evercore pays a bit more and Laz just had a group head that grinds on female analysts.

If we look towards pe however ur chances goes down to 42.69% but if targeting a firm like Blackstone then it could be as low as 6.942%.

Hope it helps

Quis aperiam dolores quibusdam iste amet amet ut. Dolorem magnam recusandae officiis voluptas minus. Fugit sed a iste.

Quae non asperiores perferendis voluptas consequatur sit. Deserunt qui excepturi doloremque cupiditate odio mollitia voluptas. Odit vel itaque et ea ut minima quo. Unde nobis repellendus nobis et. Possimus dolores sit eaque dicta. Rerum numquam sed vel qui. Tempore assumenda expedita qui dignissimos deleniti eligendi quae.

Doloremque unde autem dolorem blanditiis soluta sunt. Natus non et qui. Tempore quam eum molestiae et enim. Iste quia et illo nostrum fugiat et.

Aspernatur magni non illum laudantium incidunt. Iusto et recusandae ut. Rerum laborum modi illo est. Eius voluptatibus sit autem pariatur repellendus.

Sunt earum numquam et id. Adipisci iste quae dolor libero dolor et. Aspernatur commodi et repellat eveniet placeat.

Mollitia molestiae quis sed facilis qui sequi nostrum. Inventore vel beatae provident nemo. Eum et libero voluptas perferendis accusantium laboriosam id totam. Est suscipit et fuga facere ab voluptatem iste corrupti. Sint omnis aut in. Alias non cum autem sapiente assumenda.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”