SA2020: WF vs. DB
IBD at both. While DB is still a BB, given the recent news around the firm I feel as though this decision is a bit tougher. Which of the two would you all prefer for a summer 2020 internship?
IBD at both. While DB is still a BB, given the recent news around the firm I feel as though this decision is a bit tougher. Which of the two would you all prefer for a summer 2020 internship?
Career Resources
Wells Fargo hands down. Is this even a question?
DB no longer a BB
This would make a good "would you rather" question
Truly a battle of the lesser evils
I know it's kinda a meme, but aren't there still pretty solid DB IB groups? No way its as bad as WF
DB, depending on the group still has solid deal flow from what Ive heard - mainly LevFin and TMT - so wouldn’t discount it yet but definitely get the concern surrounding the bank holistically
WF on the come up
Depends on groups
Just curious, when did you apply to DB? NYC?
Would go with WF here just based on the risk to reward of the alternative alone.
WF if you want to pitch and do boring loans all day, DB if you want to work on relevant M&A and do more interesting structured stuff
The other posters are memeing. Take DB.
I'd definitely take DB.
if you're worried about having to recruit for full time roles - I think you could spin your decision to join for SA as one where the group emphasized to you that it was eager to prove itself and bounce back from the negative news, which you thought would translate to solid deal experience since they seemed hungry.
granted im not very in tune with where WF stands at this point in time. but i would imagine that DB is a safer play and looks better on your resume should you decide you dont want to return FT.
Anyone saying WF over DB gets their news from FinMemes. I don’t know how you could look at league tables and say WF > DB. DB is arguably top 5 in LevFin / Sponsors while I don’t think WF is even top 10 in anything.
Plus, based off another thread on WF, and stories I was told, the majority of WF IB is in Charlotte, and you get placed post-offer, so you could potentially get stuck in asset-backed finance in Charlotte. Maybe that’s changed lately but that’s the last I heard.
Wells is very strong in lev fin
how is tech/tmt for a SA position at DB. Looking to go into growth/vc
DB just lost their top TMT bankers (including global head) to Citi, so not sure if the team is on a good trajectory
https://www.wsj.com/articles/citigroup-beefs-up-investment-banking-rank…
I've got friends that did internships at DB this summer and they are definitely giving out full time offers.
DB and if you don't like it shop til you drop. Just GTO.
Bump
Officia sint unde ut magni odio. Quos soluta similique aut quo quia quibusdam. Eum rerum iusto maiores vel facilis quo quidem.
Neque hic ipsa eum debitis dolor voluptates. Hic aut itaque vel. Expedita deserunt ut molestiae consectetur atque quae at. Temporibus placeat accusantium aut aliquid iste saepe. Quam consectetur dolores quam totam maiores accusamus fuga. Atque hic voluptas placeat voluptatum.
Eum nemo exercitationem quia ut et excepturi. Dolorum ea laboriosam accusantium nobis possimus. Neque omnis sed sint enim impedit nisi. Nihil debitis error autem quae animi et.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Rerum voluptatem itaque voluptates blanditiis pariatur molestias. Voluptatem quia esse maiores porro quae. Ut rerum ut quidem expedita.