SA2020: WF vs. DB

IBD at both. While DB is still a BB, given the recent news around the firm I feel as though this decision is a bit tougher. Which of the two would you all prefer for a summer 2020 internship?

Comments (25)

3y 
darthStrader, what's your opinion? Comment below:

This would make a good "would you rather" question

Array
3y 
Goya Beans, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Truly a battle of the lesser evils

To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.

3y 
ballin3201, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I know it's kinda a meme, but aren't there still pretty solid DB IB groups? No way its as bad as WF

Array
3y 
84274892, what's your opinion? Comment below:

WF on the come up

Array
3y 
bobbystats123, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Just curious, when did you apply to DB? NYC?

3y 
AnUndergraduateStudent, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Would go with WF here just based on the risk to reward of the alternative alone.

Array
3y 
prestigewhore101, what's your opinion? Comment below:

WF if you want to pitch and do boring loans all day, DB if you want to work on relevant M&A and do more interesting structured stuff

Array

3y 
Synergy_or_Syzygy, what's your opinion? Comment below:

not sure

Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes.
  • Anonymous Monkey's picture
  • Anonymous Monkey
3y 
Anonymous Monkey, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I'd definitely take DB.

if you're worried about having to recruit for full time roles - I think you could spin your decision to join for SA as one where the group emphasized to you that it was eager to prove itself and bounce back from the negative news, which you thought would translate to solid deal experience since they seemed hungry.

granted im not very in tune with where WF stands at this point in time. but i would imagine that DB is a safer play and looks better on your resume should you decide you dont want to return FT.

3y 
DalaiLama, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Anyone saying WF over DB gets their news from FinMemes. I don't know how you could look at league tables and say WF > DB. DB is arguably top 5 in LevFin / Sponsors while I don't think WF is even top 10 in anything.

Plus, based off another thread on WF, and stories I was told, the majority of WF IB is in Charlotte, and you get placed post-offer, so you could potentially get stuck in asset-backed finance in Charlotte. Maybe that's changed lately but that's the last I heard.

3y 
jfjioaq, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Wells is very strong in lev fin

Array
3y 
ballin3201, what's your opinion? Comment below:

how is tech/tmt for a SA position at DB. Looking to go into growth/vc

Array
3y 
prestigewhore101, what's your opinion? Comment below:

DB just lost their top TMT bankers (including global head) to Citi, so not sure if the team is on a good trajectory

https://www.wsj.com/articles/citigroup-beefs-up-investment-banking-ranks-11561128000?emailToken=7588cea2dfb06d296e2460c43bd6c0861Scxo2cc+3/zG9hpgEfsj7r1dpe3ZaolWk/tchZ7ZZ+kFr4TIvjD32A2YBQtJxMrE59qMxA7UEj3QttC1VWrnEmS4JN5u6ruwU8qCIQvyIQ%3D&reflink=article_copyURL_share

Array

3y 
bobbybonilla, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I've got friends that did internships at DB this summer and they are definitely giving out full time offers.

DB and if you don't like it shop til you drop. Just GTO.

Rise and grind
3y 
Abcde20, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Voluptas excepturi suscipit enim asperiores. Veniam delectus vel quo nemo provident. Repudiandae aut ullam voluptas qui qui optio et ut.

Aut perspiciatis aperiam incidunt quas eius. Sit dolores facere vel a iusto est assumenda. Dolorem blanditiis rerum quos consequatur nostrum. Rerum natus nesciunt doloribus accusamus assumenda ut. Quia corrupti rerum unde vitae dignissimos magni odio in. Dolore consequuntur consectetur sunt.

Libero iure eum neque autem libero dolores. Dolor aut quae praesentium beatae earum officia ut. Est amet optio veniam sint et perspiciatis. Officiis iste a culpa voluptatem earum accusantium deserunt. Qui sit dignissimos sit. Enim voluptatem iusto reprehenderit rerum. Doloremque beatae odio est repellendus repellat minus et.

Magni qui nihil neque rerum. Quasi consequatur sed illum deleniti explicabo. Qui qui consectetur veritatis voluptatem. Molestiae voluptatem dolorem blanditiis dolorum provident itaque ipsa. Officiis consequatur eum molestias tempora veritatis. Est delectus fugiat inventore dicta.

Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

Career Advancement Opportunities

January 2023 Investment Banking

• Lazard Freres (+ +) 99.5%
  • Jefferies & Company (▽01) 99.1%
  • Lincoln International (▽01) 98.6%
  • Financial Technology Partners (▽01) 98.1%
  • William Blair (▲08) 97.7%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

January 2023 Investment Banking

• Canaccord Genuity (▲04) 99.5%