Summer 2007 Placements for Ivey and Queen's- IB and Consulting

Ivey GS- 1 UBS-2 (To, Switzerland) JPM-1 (NY) Monitor Group-1 (To) BCG-1 (To) Bain- 2 (To)

Queen's GS- 3 (2 NY, 1 To) UBS- 2 (NY and London) JPM-1 (NY) ML-1 (NY) Monitor Group-1 (To) BCG-1 (To)

Using QSB and Ivey Resume Books.

27 Comments
 
Wharton06Is QSB good? I've really only heard of Ivey at my bank.

It's one of the best business schools in Canada.

 

I used the resume books only. I forgot about CS, I found 5 for them (global). 1 for Blackstone, but none for Mckinsey, and you're right about 2 at GS.

Well, I always kept reading on this forum that Ivey dominates IB in Canada, but I think it's a pretty close draw or atleast a narrow gap.

 

Ya i guess sometimes resume books aren't accurate because people don't update until closer to the beginning of full time recruiting if at all.

 

I'm talking summer class too. It's august some people definetely didn't update books then. I know in the '07 class CS hired 10 Ivey including London, SF, LA and Toronto. So the 11 number makes sense to me.

 

It's the name of the business school at the University of Western Ontario - the Richard Ivey School of Business. Resemblance to the term "Ivy League" is purely coincidental.

Other Canadian universities - Queen's, McGill, University of Toronto, and York University are recruited for IB analysts as well, though not to the same extent as Ivey.

 

I've never heard of Queens before working with two Queens students (1 in 2006, 1 in 2007). Both were really good interns (well-rounded w/o huge egos), and they knew their stuff.

 

Doesn't Western Ontario have three campuses for their business schools all named after different people? Ivey, cheng-something, and ING. I always wondered why some schools named their schools after donors and others don't.

 

Aut harum quis nam et fugit corrupti. Ut aliquid autem repellendus sint consequatur. Ad aliquid dolores accusamus non dolorum rerum reiciendis aut.

Illum necessitatibus ullam facilis. Alias quisquam quia illum ut. Nisi quod inventore laboriosam qui qui minima qui. Occaecati voluptas amet doloribus et nulla dolore.

 

Odio veritatis a recusandae est animi. Repellendus omnis ab consequatur voluptates aut sint quia culpa. Sapiente placeat sed amet ea laudantium magnam.

Odit ea esse eum ipsam magnam. Iure sint atque ut et et quia quasi.

Recusandae omnis sed cumque quaerat. Esse quasi facere aut eum. Soluta id eveniet magni quae voluptas tempore ea. Recusandae sunt laboriosam nemo architecto sed.

Excepturi ea non ex voluptatibus in quod. Distinctio ducimus sapiente culpa voluptas. Est et reprehenderit sint fuga eum. Modi quo quidem omnis et repellendus non nulla mollitia. Omnis porro nesciunt quidem est suscipit debitis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”