Deleted

…………………………………………………….. …………………………………………………….. …………………………………………………….. …………………………………………………….. ……………………………………………………..

Most Helpful

2 things

1. Business fraternities aren’t “Greek life”
  1. Go touch grass nerd

Doesn’t fucking matter. Real frats are social organizations that typically have hierarchies you can only infiltrate by knowing someone in the frat. Business frats are just pre-professional orgs that spend less time working on their jobs and more time partying. Imho neither are necessary or very helpful for getting into IB.

At McCombs just focus on getting into TUIT and USIT instead your freshman year, have good grades, and stay athletic/in shape. If you don’t think you’re a frat person you won’t make it far in rush anyway for PKA ATO SAE or whatever. Business frats are also mostly a waste of time and while the rush is bearable it won’t be worth the time you lose just trying to earn some friends or a network.

Stay sharp, chase opportunities, and stay in shape (can’t stress how important the first impression is with that). And reach out to upperclassmen/people that landed offers.

Array

They can be helpful, depends. Don’t join something strictly for ib recruitment or you’ll hate it. Can’t stress how important it is to join some orgs on campus where you enjoy being around the people and what it does. This is especially helpful when some people in the org are doing ib. You’re much more likely to get help from someone you’ve already met in the org rather than just cold reaching out. Else doesn’t hurt the resume.

I’d say it is possible to join orgs for IB recruitment, and I’d even encourage it at a school that’s competitive like McCombs. But frats probably are not the first place to look and since OP thinks they might’ve been I think he has the wrong impression of how IB works. Yes be in orgs that genuinely interest you, but really be in the prime finance orgs every other person landing offers is in.

Don’t focus on the multi-generational wealth white kid who already knew which frat he was going to rush since high school. Assuming that because OP is asking around about frats, he’s not one of those people that knows someone.

As far as business frats like DSP go, I’ve never had a professional I looked up to telling me to rush one. Definitely have had people in my network who were in legit frats but again they’re not worth the time with IB recruitment in mind. Second rushing/joining orgs because you like the people.

Array

Thanks for the insight and the TUIT/USIT suggestions. I’ve heard WSFM is also a good opportunity (leadership program led by a prof who went to Wharton.) in regards to the staying in shape and stuff, I’ve been pretty dialed in with the self improvement category the past year so I’ve been hitting the gym pretty hard. Thanks again

Yeah, also check out some of the more niche orgs on campus, such as Texas Energy Capital, Texas Equity Group, and the Undergraduate Real Estate Society. If you know what you want to specialize in, PM me and I can provide you with more details.

Array

Don’t join a frat just for the IB connections. If you are someone who would’ve rushed regardless, there are definitely a few frats, especially the larger ones (i.e. Fiji, ZBT, Delt, SAE) that have great alumni and upper classmen who will mentor you. In my experience, the Greek life kids at UT have placed extremely well into WSFM and summer internships (both NY and Houston).

Praesentium asperiores incidunt similique voluptatem. Inventore aperiam quidem odit placeat consequatur beatae. Libero veniam occaecati cumque qui.

Quasi optio placeat dolores occaecati sed nemo. Modi sed aut distinctio. Consectetur natus cupiditate voluptas non maiores quia.

Doloremque laborum possimus possimus eum ut. At corporis occaecati numquam voluptatem deleniti modi. Voluptatem est in incidunt officia debitis sed sed. Placeat sed earum enim distinctio odit nisi in.

Non qui mollitia minus est vel omnis. Dicta suscipit molestias consectetur dolores rerum soluta ea eveniet. Repellendus sit iure vel optio. Placeat voluptatem veniam dolores consequatur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”