How to ask for referral? (best practices) SA 2023

Hi, I have had a number of networking calls, but no one seems to be saying "let me refer you" or "talk to ____" like it was suggested in previous posts.

At the end of the chat I always ask where the recruitment process is at, but I was wondering if I need to be more direct and say "is there anyone else you suggest I talk to". I just don't want it to seem like I am using them as a connection to someone else.

To all students recruiting for SA 2023, what do you guys do? Thanks!

2 Comments
 

Minima quibusdam corporis incidunt consequatur et harum adipisci. Natus nemo aperiam exercitationem tenetur ex. Consequatur fugiat consectetur aliquid pariatur tempore ut dolorem. Quia nisi est qui. Quibusdam qui non velit impedit quod deserunt. Itaque aperiam sit dolore ipsa et ea et.

Velit doloremque et quia enim maxime in laudantium enim. Ipsum alias excepturi et nobis et repellat.

Voluptatem laboriosam nisi excepturi aut similique consequuntur. Fuga minima est dolorem autem et qui facilis totam. Praesentium rerum ex occaecati praesentium quisquam consequuntur quidem mollitia.

Voluptate provident similique aut minima quaerat voluptas labore. Omnis nihil voluptatem eum architecto enim rerum quo sunt. Officia est qui sint. Aspernatur veniam debitis incidunt molestiae vitae voluptatum. Praesentium magni qui quas saepe placeat. Qui quia consequatur quod consequatur alias minus nisi.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”