IB Hiring Outlook 2026/27+
Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete
Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete
Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete
Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete
| +27 | HR is starting to worry me, do I throw a hail mary during an upcoming chat with an MD? | 5 | 8h |
| +17 | How to line up a “burnout” exit from PE? | 8 | 4d |
| +12 | Internal Referrals Not Even Working | 1 | 5d |
| +10 | KKR Insurance FT27 | 13 | 17h |
| +10 | Cold walking in to firms to drop off CV and intro myself.. Good idea or not? | 2 | 4d |
| +9 | FT Partners January 2027 Full-Time (SF Office) | 6 | 1d |
| +6 | CLT -> NY IR? | 3 | 19h |
| +6 | Background Check | 2 | 3d |
| +3 | Updated Views on Sunstone Partners | 0 | 3d |
| +3 | AI/startup exits | 3 | 5d |
Career Resources
This is impossible to predict and this is not remotely comparable to the GFC, at least right now.
There will always be a need for talented finance juniors, given the vast majority of the analyst class is gone at 2 years - even in down markets they will need to restock. Focus on what you can control - you're a freshman or incoming freshman, worrying about the macro in 4 years is not productive. Get good grades and involvement, early internships etc.
Thanks for the advice. You're right.
I will focus on what I can control right now.
Lmao who the fuck knows
Crystal ball at best. You never know what happens when you graduate. A couple of years ago, it was heaven for my friends studying computer science and getting out of college with insane SWE comp at big tech. Now they are struggling with waves of layoffs as FANG were too optimistic about their growth prospect and the interest rate environment gets more restrictive.
Don't pick a career based on how you think the hiring market is going to be when you graduate - because we all cannot predict the future. Pick something you like and are capable of.
Yup, I understand you. I'm set on a definite path (interested in some form of IB or strat consulting and then moving over to PE), as these are fields I like. But, yeah, I realise it was a stupid question in hindsight.
Hey champ. I graduated high school in 1931. Hiring was on fire in 1935. I went to a semi target with a 3.9 in computer science.
Numquam quia delectus ea. Nisi sed velit alias doloribus repellat est vitae. Aut harum aut similique aut.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...