Lazy Brit Declines $750-A-Week Job, Says He Earns More On Unemployment Benefits !

http://www.businessinsider.com/lazy-brit-declines…

Coming soon to America folks! The slow and steady Europeanization of America. Courtesy: Obama and the Democrats. (And that's just the UK, I wonder what continental Europe is like)

And the highest tax bracket is going up to ~40% and the estate tax to 55%. Can you even comprehend that -- You work your whole life motivated to make your posterity's life better than yours, and the the government takes more than half of the pie!

It would not be so outrageous if they spent it on new weapons or buying more F22s or something like that. But NOOO, that will essentially be used as a wealth transfer from the hard working to the laziest in society.

Well your post isn't entirely accurate. You are leaving out the deduction that comes with the estate tax that will be $1 million dollars beginning in 2011 (this year there is not estate tax). Very few people are doling out more than a million bucks to their heirs. If a free million dollars plus 55% of whatever is over that that doesn't make their life better then they don't really need the money anyway.

Troll:
It would not be so outrageous if they spent it on new weapons or buying more F22s or something like that.

Yeah for all the air-to-air combat we've experienced over the last 40 years. Considering your occupation is clearly "student" worry about getting a job before you cry about the highest tier tax bracket. Or are you crying about Uncle Sam taking a bite out of your inheritance, in which case fuck your entitlement along with the "unemployed" British guy's.

The British welfare system is clearly a joke. But I wanna be in one that joke so I think I'll move to Britain and go on the dole. Then I can spend my days drinking Boddington's and watching quidditch or cricket or some other psuedo/imaginary sport.

The best part is you get to think you're better than everyone else.

Scrambles:
Sounds like our "I'll pay you to get me a job" friend should move to Britain

Yeah but that kid is actually desperate for work, not lazy euro trash reading post modern bullshit in a cafe at 3pm when they should be at work. Naturally he wouldn't fit in and be totally ostracized.

Best Response
Victor252:
Scrambles:
Sounds like our "I'll pay you to get me a job" friend should move to Britain

Yeah but that kid is actually desperate for work, not lazy euro trash reading post modern bullshit in a cafe at 3pm when they should be at work. Naturally he wouldn't fit in and be totally ostracized.

Not that desperate. If you read the article (this became something of a news item) he turned down a job offer and only applies to 4-5 jobs a week. Not to mention the minimal incentive in the first place of ~$1250 to put your ass on the line for him. There's not too much difference between turning down a job to live off the taxpayers (esp when it pays better, that's not lazy, that's just the better deal. Bankers should understand that) and doing it to live off your parents.

Everyone here just wants to encourage him so they can keep their pipe dream of nontarget->PE alive.

Aut dignissimos corrupti quos. Repudiandae porro voluptates quidem enim. Qui qui consequatur provident voluptas et perferendis doloremque omnis. Et id error a itaque.

Voluptatibus aperiam repellendus autem laboriosam repellendus. Optio ea dicta ullam facere. Enim dignissimos est ut officia. Ratione ipsum quae autem ut. Nisi quia aut reiciendis eum placeat.

Officia nesciunt ipsum quaerat. Rerum qui tempora non non eos iure culpa. Reiciendis veniam sit nulla et reiciendis voluptatem sapiente. Mollitia magni et consequatur aut quae. Tempora culpa velit deserunt. Voluptas quasi aliquid suscipit consequatur dolor veritatis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
numi's picture
numi
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”