Unhappy in San Francisco—any advice?
I have been living in San Francisco for the past 6 months, and I can't say I am very happy. I feel like I'm paying an arm and a leg to live in a city with few redeeming qualities:
- Very high cost of living
- Sh*t on the streets: sometimes human, sometimes dog
- Homeless people: no neighborhood is immune
- Rampant crime: self explanatory
- Tech dominated culture (even more than I expected): i.e., you go to a bar and all you see are happy hours, teaming bonding events, tech bros huddled up in their respective company groups...
- Few women, even fewer attractive ones: it's not uncommon for my gym to be 90%+ men
I feel like I'm living in the matrix. Maybe SF is not fully at fault and I bare some responsibility, but I think it comes down to this: I don't feel like I'm living the best version of myself, and I don't feel like I'm able to grow as a person in this city. Does anyone have any advice?
I'mfirm, so while I'm trying to go into PE, it's probably another 1-2 years away and the type of MM shops I'll realistically be competitive for may not be located in NYC or similar. Not sure what options I have / what other exit opportunities are available