Wuhan Virus now at 58% mortality rate in China (170 dead vs 124 cured). We're fucked.

as the title says

Wuhan Virus now at 58% mortality rate in China (170 dead vs 124 cured). We're fucked.

updated stats here
https://3g.dxy.cn/newh5/view/pneumonia?scene=2&clicktime=1579579384&enterid=1579579384&from=groupmessage&isappinstalled=0

CRE:
Well this is sufficiently idiotic

+SB. I think this thread needs to be taken down. Irresponsible make a claim based on a sample size of 294.

As of now (Mar 31, 2020 at 3:16pm EST) from https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

• deaths = 41261
  • cases = 838061
  • mortality = 41261 / 838061 = 4.923%
“Doesn't really mean shit plebby boi. LMK when you're pulling thiccboi cheques.“ — @m_1

https://media0.giphy.com/media/o7wzdO31W9tLO/giphy.gif" alt="Wuhan Virus now at 58% mortality rate in China (170 dead vs 124 cured). We're fucked." />

What concert costs 45 cents? 50 Cent feat. Nickelback.

910 dead (officially....but the real number is more like 30k dead and 200k infected if that leaked tencent data is correct)

it takes 3 weeks from symptoms to death (if you're going to die)

based on the progression of these numbers....~50% of those infected 3 weeks ago have died

The number of infected is suppressed but it is harder to cover up a death so the percentage is higher. Also, the number cured ignores people who didn't get sick enough to seek treatment and just got better on their own.

Good job ironnchef. I love how CRE edited all his posts to cover up how he dismissed the issue so that he can now criticize Trump for doing exactly the same for a short time.

Hypocrisy runs in the veins of the liberal.

Never discuss with idiots, first they drag you at their level, then they beat you with experience.

Most Helpful

No, I edited it because it was a dumb take from way before this became a crisis and this website doesn’t need anymore stupidity, even if from me. Since one of the two was rated the “most helpful” post in this thread, I felt a personal responsibility to eliminate it, much like I fight against bad takes from others, because the truth is important and I am specifically not a hypocrite. I am, however, far from a perfect individual and am fully capable of saying something ignorant and then recanting later. Recognizing and admitting to mistakes is part of growing as a human.

Unlike Trump, I course corrected very quickly and very publicly throughout this forum after educating myself and, you know, I don’t have daily intelligent reports at my disposal that I could have acted on or ignored like our President.

Commercial Real Estate Developer

To be fair, my snarky comment was unnecessary. I disagree with your editing, it would have been simpler to simply add ''looking back, this was a dumb take'' and that's it. I say stupid things all the time and if you take one post from me 3 months ago, chances are I said something stupid.

Now I make fun of you, you are probably already embarassed by yourself, you prefer cover up the thing and pretend nothing happened. I was educated like that, it's terrible, you never learn anything.

Indeed we are all humans, we do mistakes, that's life. I would say the ability to grasp human limitations tends to be one of the best traits of conservatives, compared to the often blind faith in science that liberals have. Science is good, but science messes up as well, see this Covid debacle. I am sure that in time we will have a good scientific explanation, but given that we are still in the human realm, errors happen.

And Trump changed course quite quickly as well, same argument applies. Treat others as you'd like to be treated.

Never discuss with idiots, first they drag you at their level, then they beat you with experience.

Itaque soluta adipisci maiores ut aut eum velit. Rerum et necessitatibus est voluptatem sint dignissimos aut. Quis totam qui ipsam magni omnis mollitia labore. Adipisci doloremque facilis quos est excepturi. Et velit optio saepe tenetur quia. Impedit exercitationem repellendus id eos veritatis nemo esse.

Omnis vitae hic atque aliquid. Autem quis quisquam modi quia repudiandae dicta. Voluptatem cupiditate sint sint ut dignissimos ut. Qui et consequatur dolor sit occaecati voluptatem autem error. Quae debitis ipsum ea vero molestiae in molestiae. Est iste aut inventore iure quis libero velit.

In id laborum fugiat dignissimos sunt suscipit. Ad cupiditate saepe perspiciatis in laboriosam quis velit. Officiis expedita earum neque maiores fuga ex dolore.

Recusandae fugit est ut ea nihil eius. Neque voluptatum quam ducimus sit tempore aut. Mollitia ut facilis deserunt qui eaque minima voluptate at. Molestias vel eaque optio.

Modi omnis veniam distinctio modi alias excepturi. Enim quas aut omnis libero sed nobis laboriosam. Culpa corporis consequatur officiis repudiandae culpa sint. Voluptas et accusantium beatae voluptate enim est libero.

Commercial Real Estate Developer

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”