Oncycle 2025 Resume Format

Incoming 2023 IB analyst here starting in a month and updating my resume for oncycle PE recruiting, targeting UMM/MF buyouts. Have a few questions regarding the format for PE resume as I understand it'll look quite different compared to the past resume versions that I used for IB SA recruiting.

For background, I worked on 2 sizable M&A deals last year during my SA, one of which is announced, so I plan on putting 1-2 deals on for my IB SA section. I also interned at a reputable MM PE firm after my 2022 SA and worked on 3 announced deals, so I'm planning on putting 2-3 deals from my PE internship as well. 

If oncycle occurs in late-August / early September as speculated, then I would not expect to have any deal experience for FT on my oncycle resume as I will still be in my training program at that time. 

1. Since I'm returning to the same firm I interned at for summer 2022, should I combine my 2022 SA section with my 2023 FT section like shown here (source: BIWS)? Or should I follow the example here (source: 10xEBITDA) and leave the two sections separate as is usually done?

2. How many deals should I include in total on my resume? Should I put 1 (out of 2) deal from my IB SA and maybe 2 (out of 3) deals from my PE internship? Obviously I understand that the more deals I put on the resume, the more deal info I'll have to memorize, but just want to know if there's a good balance.

3. If I scored in the 98th percentile for the SAT, is it worth putting my GMAT score (750)? Or am I better off leaving it off? 

4. Should I round my GPA "down" to 2 decimal places? For example, if my GPA is 3.714, should I round it down to 3.71?

5. PE resume guides seem to recommend having the "professional experiences" section taking up at least 80% of the page, with the current IB analyst role section taking up at least 50% of the page. Given that I won't have anything to write about 0-2 weeks after hitting the desk, how should I fill up all that blank space? My previous resume version easily filled up the page as I had 5 internships in college, but I assume I'll have to get rid of all of that for the oncycle PE resume.

Deserunt facere eaque maiores atque ut. Dolore ut laboriosam eius aut itaque. Quo nihil eius tenetur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”