Take London PE job or move to the U.S. on secondment with current bank?
I have recently been offered an associate role in London at a UMM PE firm, but have also recently been offered the chance to spend 1-2 years working in the U.S. upon associate promotion at mybank this summer (either NYC or SF, but leaning towards NYC).
Whilst I have always wanted to spend a few years in the states, having lived and grown up in Europe / London my whole life, I do not want to stay in banking long-term.
Would appreciate any advice on whether I should delay moving to thefor this opportunity. My instinct is that I should turn down my PE offer and re-recruit in 1-2 years after, however I am concerned that I am essentially giving up on two years of career progression (given I would likely come in at the same junior associate position when I eventually in Europe).
Any advice would be much appreciated as I need to either accept my offer or commit to moving to the U.S. in the next few weeks.