19 Hedge Fund Perks That Pity YouSubscribe
From Julia La Roche at BI http://www.businessinsider.com/coolest-hedge-fund-perks-2013-9
If you're looking to start off your Friday morning with an ugly puffy sob, well hey, you came to the right place.
We already know working at a Hedge Fund, and hell, really anywhere on the buyside is the dreamland of Finance (discounting financial political positions of course). But here's 19 Hedge Fund perks to kick the sellside.
1) - These days you have Daniel Loeb, the founder of Third Point LLC, leading a team of his analysts and traders in half Ironman triathlons. Talk about real teamwork and bonding.
2) - According to JetNet, Perry Capital owns a private Gulfstream Aerospace G-IV jet that seats 22 people.
3) - Perry also uses a suite at Metlife stadium. This fund will be hard to beat, but there are others with cool perks, too.
4) - Ray Dalio's Bridgewater Associates has a luxury bus that picks up its traders and analysts in the city every morning.
5) - Marc Lasry's Avenue Capital has free ordered-in breakfast. Not a bad way to start the day.
6) - Bill Ackman's Pershing Square has a state-of-the-art gym at its 888 Seventh Avenue headquarters. We hear that there's also a personal trainer who comes in.
7) - Blackstone, a private equity/investment banking/hedge fund firm, has an in-house shoe shine person.
8) - Perry Capital, the hedge fund run by Richard Perry, has a barber shop on site in its GM Building headquarters. The stylists come in two times a week.
9) - Perry Capital employees also get a discount at Barneys. Richard Perry is the chairman of Barneys and his fund owns a controlling interest in the retailer.
10) - Some funds, including Perry, have a chef on site. The one at Perry makes customized salads.
11) - Barry Rosenstein's JANA Partners has a pool table in the office.
12) - We hear that JANA Partners also has a well-stocked bar in the office, too. That definitely beats a Keurig and a fridge full of Diet Cokes.
13) - The Bridgewater bus has an individual TV on the back of every seat. There are also drinks and snacks onboard and booze for the evening ride home.
14) - Bridgewater also feeds its employees three meals a day for free. We're told that you can even get a meal to go for your commute home.
15) - Steve Cohen's SAC Capital has kept an in-house psychiatrist/trading coach for its traders.
16) - You don't always have to work in the Connecticut or NYC office. One mystery hedge fund set up Bloomberg terminals at the Hamptons home of a fund manager identified only as "Mr. C."
17) - Back in the day, Julian Robertson would fly his analysts out west for hiking and camping trips as part of a team-building exercise.
18) - Paul Tudor Jones orders his traders fried chicken on Fridays when they've had a good week. If they had a down week, they get sushi. Apparently PTJ loves Kentucky Fried Chicken.
19) - At a lot of funds, when you move into a senior position you get an assistant or potentially two assistants. Louis Bacon, who runs Moore Capital, has his assistants frequently serve him sushi and a green juice.
via Business Insider
Any Perks You Have Worth Noting?