Obviously not ideal but chose it due to affordability and possibility of continuing being a D1 athlete. It is still reputable and has alumni working at major firms. Any real advice on where or which division to apply would be helpful.

Thanks and I was thinking the same thing from what I have heard. This may be a dumb question but would interning in PWM help me boost my resume if I wanted to pursue other industries after I graduate? I would think that it would help but people also said it won't?

I think for a really large part, a lot of the people browsing WSO tend to give more conservative advice, which is why you hear a lot more negatives than positives. My only internship was in PWM and I managed to leverage that experience into a IB role with a BB (GS/MS/JPM) in New York with no networking. Obviously, PWM to IB will be harder than people who have relevant IB internships, and you may not be able to do it right after you graduate. But if you're really passionate, dedicated, and you network correctly, I'm sure you can do it

Former student-athlete here... think the above advice was fair given that it sounds like you are transferring for athletic reasons and not academic interests. Rethink aligning your current time commitments to better align with your future goals. Is walking on to a "top 50 program" going to benefit you more than the possible time you could be spending networking, joining clubs, bettering your GPA? Just try and think more long-term. That being said, I think you could easily incorporate being a student-athlete into your "story", and I would suggest emphasizing your alumni networking/research on former student-athletes given that they will more likely connect with your background & current situation.

Hey thanks for the advice and after this year my goals are 100% more career-oriented as of now. The thing that I am thinking about when choosing to walk on or not is that if being a student-athlete for two more years would be more beneficial for my career (which is my main focus now rather than athletics). The main reason I would choose to walk on is that I have heard it is better to be a student-athlete when trying to separate myself, but the question I have is that does two more years of being a student-athlete really make much of a difference if I have been an athlete all my life and already have two years of being a collegiate athlete under my belt? If you could help give some insight I would appreciate it

Think the main issue is you leaving a large school in the NE to walk-on at a non-target in FL. I don't know all the facts (or if it is too late) but it seems to me that it would be easier to reach your career aspirations at the school you were at, regardless of your participation in sports. That being said, from my experience--playing 4 years of a sport isn't going to tremendously boost your chances versus only playing 2 years. Sure, you will have some former athlete hardos that may call you a quitter but as long as you have a story to back it up (improved extracurricular activities, grades) and you sell it, you'll be fine with that subset of people. With the transfer too.. most people won't even fall over you only played at one of your schools if you craft it in your resume right.

Consectetur qui dolore cupiditate libero quis. Ut similique ratione magnam iusto. Temporibus minima sapiente provident ut sit eum praesentium. Aliquid maxime amet perspiciatis quasi expedita et. Dolor fugit est rerum animi cupiditate culpa sunt.

Nam numquam et autem voluptatem magnam quo unde non. Repudiandae vel labore adipisci maiores quia alias. Eum expedita vel neque vero iusto et magnam.

Aliquid sit consequatur et necessitatibus vel ipsam et. Sequi et sit suscipit consequatur debitis quia cupiditate. Perspiciatis alias autem autem minus. Est iure est eaque.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”