2021 Full-time IB analyst positions

Hey everyone,

This is my first time ever starting a thread, but I was wondering if anyone has heard of full-time processes going on right now? I realize this is obviously very late, but I figured with a lot of analysts walking away because of work-life balance/buy-side opportunities, as well as deal flow being very active, that a few banks were looking to increase analyst class sizes.

I would appreciate any insight people currently working in banking have. Thanks in advance!

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (58)

• Intern in PE - LBOs
Apr 4, 2021 - 12:29pm

I'm a final-semester senior at a non-target school and just received a full-time IB offer from a BB a few weeks ago. Deal flow is definitely picking up and it sounds like banks are looking for analysts to help carry the weight. (I'm starting early June, which is just 2 weeks after my graduation, if that's any indication of how quickly they need people.) 

• Prospect in IB - ECM
Apr 4, 2021 - 12:43pm

Appreciate the response and congrats on your offer!

Would be interested to hear (if you don't mind) how you heard about the opportunity and what the interviewing process was like.

• Intern in PE - LBOs
Apr 4, 2021 - 1:38pm

Thank you! I networked a ton over the past two years so it feels incredibly rewarding. 

A year ago (second semester of junior year) I cold emailed a VP at the bank who was in my frat but different school. He was kind enough to hop on the phone for an informational interview and we kept in touch over the past year. I asked him to introduce me to the juniors (analysts/associates) on his team and eventually spoke with ~3 people last summer. 

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, he reached out asking if I had an interest in interviewing for an analyst role. The process took about two weeks and I received the formal offer soon after. I had four interviews with senior people, one of which was technical.

My advice is to continue networking and applying, especially for firms not perceived as "sexy" on WSO. I had already accepted another full-time offer at a lower-tier local bank when the VP reached out to me (and was happy to renege), so don't pass up any opportunity you can get even if it's not what you want to do or where you wanna be. 

• Incoming Analyst in IB - Ind
May 4, 2021 - 11:20pm

I'm the OP from the first comment (have since updated my profile) and did not intern at the BB bank beforehand. My senior summer internship was at a PE firm and I did an accounting internship at a FinTech the summer before. A VP that I had networked with at the BB reached out to me about interviewing in March 2021 so it was well after the 2020 summer analysts had accepted or declined their return offers.

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Prospect in IB - Ind
Apr 4, 2021 - 7:40pm

The on-cycle FT process happened back in November where Barclays hired like 3-4 really strong candidates. Since then, they've been looking to hire on more of a rolling basis. All generalist offers. 

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 5, 2021 - 8:35pm

Are they only going to be recruiting for industrials and tech, or are other groups looking too? I just see a bunch of linkedin posts for ind/tech and people on here say they're the two groups to avoid at Barclays 

Apr 27, 2021 - 8:37pm

Hey, I'm looking to stay in the southeast (preferably Atlanta). In your opinion, who do you think the top boutiques are in Atlanta? I've only spoken with Genesis Capital so far. 

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
Apr 10, 2021 - 3:24am

Has anyone heard back from Barclays, BMO, or Moellis yet? I'm wondering if the interview process has started with any of them!

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

June 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (35) $364
  • Associates (202) $234
  • 2nd Year Analyst (115) $151
  • Intern/Summer Associate (97) $145
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (27) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (420) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (338) $82