2021 Full-time IB analyst positions

Hey everyone,

This is my first time ever starting a thread, but I was wondering if anyone has heard of full-time processes going on right now? I realize this is obviously very late, but I figured with a lot of analysts walking away because of work-life balance/buy-side opportunities, as well as deal flow being very active, that a few banks were looking to increase analyst class sizes.

I would appreciate any insight people currently working in banking have. Thanks in advance!

I'm a final-semester senior at a non-target school and just received a full-time IB offer from a BB a few weeks ago. Deal flow is definitely picking up and it sounds like banks are looking for analysts to help carry the weight. (I'm starting early June, which is just 2 weeks after my graduation, if that's any indication of how quickly they need people.) 

Most Helpful

Thank you! I networked a ton over the past two years so it feels incredibly rewarding. 

A year ago (second semester of junior year) I cold emailed a VP at the bank who was in my frat but different school. He was kind enough to hop on the phone for an informational interview and we kept in touch over the past year. I asked him to introduce me to the juniors (analysts/associates) on his team and eventually spoke with ~3 people last summer. 

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, he reached out asking if I had an interest in interviewing for an analyst role. The process took about two weeks and I received the formal offer soon after. I had four interviews with senior people, one of which was technical.

My advice is to continue networking and applying, especially for firms not perceived as "sexy" on WSO. I had already accepted another full-time offer at a lower-tier local bank when the VP reached out to me (and was happy to renege), so don't pass up any opportunity you can get even if it's not what you want to do or where you wanna be. 

Hey, did you intern there first? I am about to be a senior and I have a very low-key IB summer internship and I was hoping to apply directly for a FT analyst position at a larger bank, so is that what you did?

I'm the OP from the first comment (have since updated my profile) and did not intern at the BB bank beforehand. My senior summer internship was at a PE firm and I did an accounting internship at a FinTech the summer before. A VP that I had networked with at the BB reached out to me about interviewing in March 2021 so it was well after the 2020 summer analysts had accepted or declined their return offers.

Occaecati cum et dolore magni error corporis. Dolorum odio quisquam aliquam rem eligendi provident.

Dolore enim et quia. Accusantium eos sed culpa eaque repellendus ab ut. Natus occaecati voluptas perspiciatis qui. Numquam ut quod dolorem voluptate est.

Alias eos necessitatibus consequatur provident ut non repellendus. Cumque aut quasi exercitationem ratione.

Quo modi dolore nihil voluptas veniam dolorem perspiciatis. Hic atque ut autem laboriosam. Sed doloribus rerum cum voluptatem voluptatem consequuntur veritatis autem. Nisi nostrum sequi non adipisci iste dolores enim est. Accusamus ipsam voluptas non. Atque qui quia reiciendis nostrum ut.

Ad vero voluptas ab dolores eos nam. Aut rerum ut dolores adipisci neque distinctio. Beatae fugiat saepe suscipit veritatis rerum.

Sed eos aliquid aliquam cum quia minus voluptas. Quisquam natus natus magnam quibusdam quisquam adipisci quod. Dolores sint omnis explicabo tempora omnis ut officiis. Esse nesciunt eveniet non fugit beatae. Voluptas dolorem et eaque. Quia velit nemo quo et blanditiis. Voluptatem non qui autem ut incidunt.

Ipsa voluptatum repellat voluptatibus. Voluptatem perspiciatis aliquam quisquam esse est ea. Vel est et inventore. Ducimus quia quasi sit voluptas dignissimos consequatur. Vel voluptatum quaerat quibusdam.

Molestiae nihil vitae non. Molestiae tempore quia ut quo ut. Id magni nesciunt omnis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”