Ardea Partners in 2021

Is anyone familiar with this firm? Would love any insight into culture / junior-level comp / exits (understand that PE may be an uphill battle). Thanks in advance!

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (24)

May 26, 2021 - 12:23pm

They're in the process of starting a PE fund of their own (transitioning to a merchant banking model). Comp is above street and once the fund is set up junior employees will get free co-invest (not sure how much). 

PE exits are unknown because the firm is so new and they've only hired laterals, so no information on A1 exits. 

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Intern in PE - LBOs
May 29, 2021 - 2:22am

I have had 5 SDs and received two offers from lower ranked BBs this year, and none were as difficult as this lol. I guess I was just not expecting the first question to be an advanced technical one, so got caught off guard. 

• Intern in PE - LBOs
May 29, 2021 - 6:46pm

You already had the 2nd round? If so when did you have the 1st round?

May 29, 2021 - 9:16pm

For what it's worth, I met Ivan Ross a few times in college because I was in the same fraternity as his oldest son I think. Very nice man. I think he also was in the same fraternity maybe around the same time as a bunch of big hedge fund/PE people like Greenblatt and Stevie Cohen. Am friendly with two of his sons and think highly of them as solid bankers/financial/investment professionals so would think Ivan and the people at Ardea are all great. I think I was scheduled to interview with the staffer there but maybe she had to cancel or something. Not sure. Seems like great place to work but would guess culture is very similar to Goldman Sachs just instead of working out of 200 west it's wherever that firm has an office. Just a guess though. I hope this helps. Good luck

also seems like they have been big in advising on insurance M&A. Mainly the PC space if I'm not mistaken but could very well be very off on this

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

June 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (35) $364
  • Associates (203) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (115) $151
  • Intern/Summer Associate (97) $145
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (27) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (420) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (338) $82