They're in the process of starting a PE fund of their own (transitioning to a merchant banking model). Comp is above street and once the fund is set up junior employees will get free co-invest (not sure how much). 

PE exits are unknown because the firm is so new and they've only hired laterals, so no information on A1 exits. 

[Comment removed by mod team]

[Comment removed by mod team]

For what it’s worth, I met Ivan Ross a few times in college because I was in the same fraternity as his oldest son I think. Very nice man. I think he also was in the same fraternity maybe around the same time as a bunch of big hedge fund/PE people like Greenblatt and Stevie Cohen. Am friendly with two of his sons and think highly of them as solid bankers/financial/investment professionals so would think Ivan and the people at Ardea are all great. I think I was scheduled to interview with the staffer there but maybe she had to cancel or something. Not sure. Seems like great place to work but would guess culture is very similar to Goldman Sachs just instead of working out of 200 west it’s wherever that firm has an office. Just a guess though. I hope this helps. Good luck

also seems like they have been big in advising on insurance M&A. Mainly the PC space if I’m not mistaken but could very well be very off on this

Most Helpful

Thought I'd add a little more color since this has been bumped up.

I interviewed for a lateral associate position here, which was their entry-level at the time, from a mid-tier BB (think BAML/Citi/CS) a little more than a year ago. I ultimately got the offer but turned it down because I didn't want to start a new role during COVID, which ended up happening anyway...

Every single person I met at Ardea was clearly smarter than the majority of the people on my BB team. I wouldn't say the technicals were painfully rigorous, but they were thorough and comparable to an average difficultly buy-side interview. The people were friendly and normal. It seemed like they worked hard but weren't super sweaty.

Lean deal teams, a high degree of autonomy, and limited pitching were some of the selling points that I valued. Compensation was well above street and most post-IB associate roles on the buy-side. They made it clear that attrition was not an issue.

They didn't have analysts at the time so I can't speak to exit opps.

Hey thanks for the color. Anyway you could share what the technicals are like or what about the modeling test that’ll be great. Also planning to lateral from a mid tier bank as a second year so that will be much appreciated

Does anyone have comp estimates / hard figures for Analyst/Associate level? I understand it's above street but any further clarity would be appreciated. 

Facilis sit ratione ut tempore. Rem ad dolor aut cupiditate et corporis id. Ratione eius esse impedit optio facilis.

Occaecati iure et impedit magni ut. Cupiditate eaque occaecati quam occaecati aut exercitationem. Ut voluptates earum rerum sit. Iste reiciendis magni maxime enim accusantium consequatur. Dolores ullam cumque molestiae qui. Non nulla iusto sint doloremque. Ullam quasi quibusdam perspiciatis dolor molestiae vitae libero.

Qui odit consequatur blanditiis velit eligendi. Quasi quibusdam sint omnis repudiandae aliquid eos veritatis maxime.

Iure sed aut eum dicta. Et qui consequatur nobis quam aut dolor maiores.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”