just received a first round video interview from BAML - it's an 'on demand interview'- has anyone taken it? what should I expect?
Bank of America On Demand Video Interview
Similar to banks such as Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan, before reaching an in-person interview, candidates will complete an online interview. You will receive questions and will then have the chance to record your answers to them digitally. BofA describes the process below.
Our users shared their experiences with the interviews below:
It was only behavioral questions, takes about 15 mins. I tried to prepare but there's not really a good way to do it. None of the questions are out of any guides, all about in X situation what would you do, etc.
My friend who works at baml said the senior managers are going to review the videos, unlike JPM or other hirevues.
It is important to note that as @littlepiggyyyy mentioned, professionals review these videos rather than HR / AI that scans for certain traits.
BofA Online Video Interview Tips
Before completing the interview make sure that you have thoroughly practiced behavioral questions such as:
- Why BofA?
- Why "division of interest?"
- Why finance?
- Tell me about a time your worked in a team.
- Tell me about a time you had to juggle multiple priorities.
Also check out some tips about performing well in video interviews:
- Make sure to be dressed in business professional (regardless of what the invitation says)
- Before starting the interview - make sure to practice videotaping yourself talking to the camera
- Record your interview on a computer - not a phone
- Stare at the camera - not the screen
- Make sure to sit with good posture and practice smiling
Also, check out uncommon tips for nailing digital interviews.
Read more about Bank of America Merrill Lynch on the WSO Company Database.
Decided to Pursue a Wall Street Career? Learn How to Network like a Master.
Inside the WSO Finance networking guide, you'll get a comprehensive, all-inclusive roadmap for maximizing your networking efforts (and minimizing embarrassing blunders). This info-rich book is packed with 71 pages of detailed strategies to help you get the most of your networking, including cold emailing templates, questions to ask in interviews, and action steps for success in navigating the Wall Street networking process.