Barclays Internship Recruitment Process - Business Insight Assessment - Video Interview
I would like to know whether someone already experienced Barclays' new recruitment process for London IBD SA. I have been invited to a Business Insight online assessment.
Does anyone know what it is about? What kind on question I'll have? Is it SHL or Kenexa or anything else?
Business Insight Video Interview / Assessment
Outlined below are the steps to apply for any division of Barclays in the Asia Pacific or Europe / Middle East division. First you need to express your interest through the Barclays website.
A key part of the of application process for Barclays is the career aptitude test which is similar to a situational judgement assessment (such as SHL or Kenexa).
Barclays Business Insight Stage 1
The first stage of the Business Insight assessment is designed to put you into a realistic business scenario and is meant to assess a candidate's strengths, values, and cognitive abilities. The assessment is untimed but will take 35 - 40 minutes to complete.
When completing the first portion of the Business Insight you will watch a series of 2 – 3 minute situational online videos. You will rank responses to the situation on a scale of one to five. There will also be chart and quantitative analysis.
- You have an idea but none of your colleagues support it, what do you do?
- You are invited to a launch breakfast but your friend needs help correcting their pitchbook, what do you do?
- Numerical questions: Examine 5 graphics (ex. charts) and answer numeric questions
When facing these questions, you will rank responses in order of importance. Barclays suggests visiting http://practice.cappassessments.com/ to practice questions that candidates might encounter.
Barclays Business Insight Stage 2
If you advance to this stage you will be tasked with a specific project that reflects the business line that you applied to. The project will be made up of tasks that reflect the type of work graduates do on the job.
Through this stage candidates will answer multiple choice questions and will record video responses. This stage should not take more than 45 minutes.
Candidates perform a variety of tasks including recording responses to questions, completing some calculations and replying to an email. To do this candidates will be given some reading material and choose a preferred response for each question.
Example Scenario Section:
- You will be asked by hypothetical manager to give recommendations on how improve the financial stability of the bank (Video Recorded Response).
- Next you receive an email from your colleague criticising your report and you have to respond to her by email.
- Next another manager emails you to tell you there are lots of errors in a report, done by you and 2 other colleagues and you have to respond to him by video again.
- Summary video response answering what you think about Barclays and the assessment process.
Barclays Super Day (Business Meeting)
This Barclays Business Meeting stage is the equivalent of a super day interview and will take place over the course of 3.5 - 5 hours. During this stage candidates will receive an "immersive" task in line with the business unit they applied to.
As digitial interviews increase in popularity - review guides to the [J.P. Morgan](https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/jp-morgan-video-interview-invitation-corporate-investment-banking-summer-analyst) and [BlackRock](https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/blackrock-virtual-cover-letter-hireview) digital interviews.
Preparing for Investment Banking Interviews?
The WSO investment banking interview course is designed by countless professionals with real world experience, tailored to people aspiring to break into the industry. This guide will help you learn how to answer these questions and many, many more.