BAML SA 2020 guide fellow BB interns

BofA being first in the queue started their virtual SA today (15th June) while the others mostly start on 6th July.

Can BAML interns keep giving inputs on how their WFH internships are functioning/evolving over time? Will be much helpful for us interns at other BBs to get an idea to be better prepared for our summer roles. Thank you so much!

NY IBD

3 weeks training -first week mostly bank culture -second week mostly accounting -third week mostly valuation Speaker events and panels throughout

3 weeks in group (potentially 5 weeks - TBD) -no live deal work (at least for my specific coverage group) -work assignments throughout 3 weeks, not sure specifics -interns have final presentation/project that seems like it will be the main determinant

Check ins with HR and several mentors in specific group throughout.

So you have not been confirmed yet whether the program will be 5 or 6 weeks?

My younger peers starting in various MM banks (recent college grads) share similar timelines as well. Intern projects, from what I hear, are going to be different than my experience a few summers ago since there is a lack of personal hand holding/guidance by FT analysts/associates. Good luck to everyone out there - hope you all still learn a lot despite this barrier of learning.

First 3 weeks = talks, culture, networking with mentors, team and buddies etc. We've got tons of projects it seems (only day 2 and we've been told of 3).

Weeks 4-8 (seems to be implied we are gonna have 8 weeks). On desk with teams. You have a manager, buddy, mentor.

They initially said that we will only have a 30 hours per week commitment before the internship but that seems like absolute bullshit. We've already been given a schedule for week 1 and its approx 50 hours, and on top of that we have projects to do with our team in our own time with seemingly no designated time throughout the day.

One you suck their dick, the other you suck each other's dick /s

LOL Maybe because you're in corporate banking? Our day started at 9am and ends at 6.00pm today, and we had a 15 minute break this morning, with no lunch break.

Essentially there’s this area in the app the bank made us download where we can post stuff. There are some kids that post stupid shit like “it is absolutely surreal to be able to have the opportunity to hear the CEO speak” and “I thoroughly enjoyed the session talking about eating healthy during the internship! I can’t wait to explore new food options to optimize my time this summer!” Just a bunch of kids trying to rub one off for HR

THANK GOD SOMEONE MENTIONED THIS. I was afraid everyone else thought this was normal. Was kinda afraid I'm joining a bank with a bunch of weirdos

OMG. THANK YOU for mentioning this! At first I thought BAML paid some interns to hype up the program coz I was like at this point this isn't even ass kissing lmao

It’s honestly disgusting. People just need to chill holy

Controversial

Many of them are non-target kids working in Credit & Wholesale/ GTS though. Can totally understand that kids from untraditional background often try too hard.

He’s not wrong. They blow up the feed wishing everyone a good morning and how they’re so excited for the programs. If you wake up to 20 kids wanking HR and they’re all in GTS/Wholesale you’d feel the same.

Hi guys, do you plan to catch up with your mentor/buddy/manager during Week 2-3? I don’t know what to update to them (“I learned DCF and Comps this week?” I don’t think they want to hear it....)

maybe who you talked with during the first week and what you learn about the business and culture. tell them what you want to know more and let them introduce new colleagues to you. Best luck!

Thank u! That’s helpful. Wish you best of luck for the internship.

Director 3 lol. We got on really well, shame he’s not on my team.

Someone in another BAML thread mentioned that almost all the interns would get return offers as long as they don't massively screw it up. The source is from the call of CEO with all the interns in NYC. I think it's fake, but can anyone justify this?

hey yes it’s true. not sure what the CEO meant but he did say that unless u do something terrible we want to welcome all of you. but, I don’t think that it’s the same as auto offers. I think it’s the same as years past where they have a high conversation rate

Lmfaooo did he actually say that? I couldn’t bring myself to say no to my mentor who wanted to call during it so I completely miss it. Legendary if true

I don’t think it’s bad to do amongst interns but do NOT set it up via double Dutch man. just msg in the group me . it would look weird for the double Dutch

Voluptatem voluptates nesciunt vel. Earum exercitationem et molestiae soluta impedit ut corrupti. Quis enim tempora laudantium reprehenderit est. Dignissimos ex fugit voluptas libero esse quisquam nam.

In explicabo quos aut provident qui cum molestias. A tenetur non dolores fuga rerum ut. Dolorem sint dolor sed quae. Omnis molestias laboriosam ducimus aut maiores. Nihil repellat quas rerum est.

Magnam natus maxime laudantium iure fuga saepe non id. Voluptatibus unde cum aut est quia.

Ut veritatis qui ipsam veritatis consequatur autem. Voluptas quis et quisquam. Ut quas placeat quasi iure mollitia eius. Quaerat enim eaque minima. Sint minima pariatur eum totam dolores. Similique quasi neque deleniti vel earum totam.

Nemo dolorem omnis sed molestiae ducimus sequi. Et exercitationem similique maiores et doloremque labore. Cum corrupti est temporibus. Quia mollitia incidunt necessitatibus illo nihil quam.

Impedit autem qui non dolorem voluptas eos accusamus. Eos veritatis enim dicta eum id sed. Aliquid saepe qui exercitationem quaerat et et. Dolore quaerat dicta distinctio sed et. Magnam aperiam officia ad rem ut animi. Quisquam qui et et ab dolores qui quo.

Cum accusamus et laudantium est. Asperiores voluptates fuga eum. Et iusto beatae omnis incidunt sed culpa qui.

Sapiente rem nisi aspernatur labore magni optio. Dolor nulla fuga voluptates ducimus aut. Laboriosam reiciendis labore unde molestias.

Non et debitis odit adipisci. Quo tempore ducimus unde et autem qui voluptatem. Sed nobis voluptatem qui laborum ea magnam blanditiis. Nemo aut exercitationem quos et fuga optio. Quos asperiores distinctio commodi. Dolores tempora quia non ipsum ab. Qui nisi tenetur sequi natus ea sit similique eos.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”