I just scrolled through BlackRock's careers page and found the following position: ADVISORY & CLIENT SUPPORT - FINANCIAL MARKETS ADVISORY - 2014 ANALYST
Can anyone shed some light on the Financial Markets Advisory division?
blackrock financial markets advisory
Unfortunately, Information on the exit opportunities from this group is nonexistent. However, there is a good amount of information on the role itself.
This team advises financial institutions, regulatory agencies, governments and market intermediaries. They provide advice on enterprise risk management, regulatory strategy capital markets, transaction execution, and both data and financial modeling.
What do they do?
There is some information available about responsibilities at the analyst level. These duty descriptions span across several different projects. A majority of the projects were focused on European banks and regulators. Therefore, all of these projects involved some level of international travel.
Stress Test of European Bank
- risk assessment via credit risk, liquidity risk, net income risk
- due diligence on international regulatory requirements for use in models
- planning a business case and future execution strategy
Portfolio Strategy Modification of Greek Bank
- Estimate probability of re-default for loans
- Align existing model with client specific strategy and operational preferences
Estimation of Credit Loss Projects for European Bank