I have an upcoming interview for an analyst position at Citi's Financial Strategy Group and I am not sure I understand exactly where they stand within the Investment Banking department. I'd like to have your insight on:
- What do they exactly do? How do they generate business (if any) for the bank?
- What's the profile/background of people working there?
- How does it compare to analyst positions in other more traditional IB groups such as M&A? (daily work, pitching vs. deal execution, modeling, working hours, etc.)
- What are the exit opportunities?
- What to expect in terms of the interviewing process (i.e. technical questions, case studies, etc.)?
Your help would be greatly appreciated.