Deutsche Bank 2020 SA

125 Comments
 

Hi ch2intl, any of these discussions helpful:

  • SA Offers- Deutsche Bank vs Bank of America thoughts, what would you choose? Bank of America Deutsche Bank summer internship ... development of interns/analysts. I also find DB to be more prestigious but that's just purely down to my ... I have 2 summer internship (London) offers for the IB divisions at DB and BAML and would really ...
  • Deutsche Bank Offer take it or not. Go to a target school, GPA above 3.5. Deutsche Bank 2019 SA Applications 2019 summer ... analyst 2019 SA recruitment to Sunday, May 6, 2018- 1:55pm Deutsche Bank Salary ... Have a DB offer for SA 2019. Haven't applied to any other firms yet, wondering whether to ...
  • Deutsche Bank IBD SA Industry/Product Groups Hey guys. I am getting ready to accept an offer for a Summer Analyst position from Deutsche Bank ... Deutsche Bank db Product group industry group ...
  • Like UBS, Deutsche Bank not taking many interns Deutsche Bank has announced that many of their interns are in jeopardy of or will not be getting ... summer analyst jobs interns ... Banking, only about 30% of interns will be hired. For the internal finance function (MO), NONE of the more ...
  • BarCap v. Deutsche Help! Okay so I'm a Junior with 2 SA offers for this summer. 1.) Summer Finance Analyst at Barcap ... 2.) Summer GTB Analyst at Deutsche I've done a lot of research and I see how one is more MO and ... long term I'm hoping to land a job out of my non-target school at a great bank like one of these, ...
  • Is it crazy to take an offer from Deutsche Bank I just received an exploding offer from DB (SA). I do not have any other offers at the moment, but ... I am extremeley nervous I won't get another offer. I think I would take it any other Summer, but ...
  • Deutsche Bank 2018--- Top groups, Exit opps, Pay (Bonus)? How is Deutsche Bank's investment banking division in NYC looking in 2018 and onwards? ... recruiting for buyside, etc. to Tuesday, April 10, 2018- 4:55pm Deutsche Bank Salary Yes Yes 313682 262108 ... Specifically looking for data on SA-> FT return offer rate for different groups, exit opps, top groups, and ...
  • Quality of Deutsche Bank Summer Analysts summer tenants are interning at DB (most in IBD). Over the past week or so, I would always run into these ... grades and many didn't even intern in the previous summer. In addition, it's almost like the ... candidates. Deutsche Bank ...
  • More suggestions...

I hope those threads give you a bit more insight.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.
 

Can confirm application for IB groups is the Corp Fin, I applied this past weekend and have still heard nothing back yet...also regarding the cutbacks, my contacts at DB have informed me that for the time being ignore all the noise surrounding DB, all the cutbacks are in regards to the S&T division (particularly equities, fixed income desks doing a little better) so there should be no immediate cause for concern in regards to IB cutbacks. That being said, contacts at other banks have said regardless you may want to look into other options because the negative press could impact DB reputation/deal flow so may not be the best option at the moment. Will let you know if I hear anything else, hope this helped a little

 
"shortvix730" Can confirm application for IB groups is the Corp Fin, I applied this past weekend and have still heard nothing back yet...also regarding the cutbacks, my contacts at DB have informed me that for the time being ignore all the noise surrounding DB, all the cutbacks are in regards to the S&T division (particularly equities, fixed income desks doing a little better) so there should be no immediate cause for concern in regards to IB cutbacks. That being said, contacts at other banks have said regardless you may want to look into other options because the negative press could impact DB reputation/deal flow so may not be the best option at the moment. Will let you know if I hear anything else, hope this helped a little

It's already impacting deal flow. The vultures have been circling DB senior bankers for some time and are accelerating their aggressiveness.

 

heard from a VP they're still debating whether or not there will be a 2020 securities intern class. Pour one out for the homies

 

Just got invited to a 1st round/ super day next week. I applied early July, and this is the first time I have been in contact with them since applying. 1 interview at office on tuesday, and then upon invite, a final round interview the next day. Would love to know if anyone has heard anything about Deutsche Bank outlook based on recent news.

 

im from the NYC area but the invite said interview times will be held all day and if you are from within 1hr of NYC you should sign up between 9am and 11am. they also included a link for booking plane tickets. So i don't think its something just for local people

 
Most Helpful

I have another BB super day coming up so I’m going to hold off accepting until after that if possible. If not I’m going to take it. From what I’ve heard, the restructuring is a good thing, and a lot of the news articles are grossly inaccurate. For example DB is not making cuts to the IB program, they’re actually putting all of the capital that was but towards s&t into the IB program. My interviewer told me their IB team is the banks top money making team, so their expanding it. He also said he recently left his position at an elite boutique to come to DB, fully aware that he was entering at a time of restructuring. He wouldn’t have left a top firm to come to DB if he was worried about the outlook of the bank as a whole. Hope that helps, but I wouldn’t be worried about joining

 

yeah most candidates got an offer or a rejection. They told me they had put me on the wait list so at this point im waiting to see how many people accept the offer they receive and hoping that will open a spot up.

 

I also received a Superday invite email. Did your email also have a link to a form about interest? I am very confused by the whole thing, is it a Superday invite or to see if you are interested in getting screened for their upcoming Superday?

 

know some pople who have done phone interviews already..very chill only behavioral Qs.

that being said. how does anyone address a question why DB? since can't really say it is "one of the leading fin. institution on the street rn"?

 

Hope you all are staying safe and healthy. According to the new update for CorpFin, we will be placed into groups prior to the start of the internship.

Was wondering everyone's thoughts / how to best position to place into a specific group.

 

one of my concerns is what if you get placed into a group that you dont necessarily want. At the end of the day I'd be more than happy to have a job but I guess you'd have to work to stay in your group or try to network into a different group which may be difficult.

 

Odio atque est voluptatem et. Quae voluptatem cumque delectus quia. Eum eveniet molestiae qui id deleniti.

Qui illo natus quia sit similique et et. Ab quaerat aperiam quia officia.

Amet ea quidem aperiam qui dignissimos necessitatibus unde incidunt. Aliquam laudantium dolores at et. Distinctio quis dolore nihil eligendi.

 

Quae suscipit aut illum illo dignissimos. Molestiae voluptatibus cum et deserunt voluptas quo eaque. At asperiores molestiae eligendi et. Fugiat nobis expedita excepturi et. Debitis aperiam cumque unde veritatis iste.

Dolorum qui autem eum suscipit sunt deleniti. Natus aspernatur qui vel non tenetur. Consectetur est veniam sequi molestiae debitis delectus. Est explicabo sed quos.

Possimus adipisci modi eos facere quibusdam id labore qui. Qui et non qui rem sequi quaerat fugit. Qui sit in dignissimos et porro corporis. Quia excepturi ratione rerum quas incidunt. Laborum ipsam voluptatem recusandae. Possimus harum labore et perspiciatis. Sed incidunt rerum hic odit ducimus.

Et distinctio ea qui nesciunt. Expedita ipsum nihil nesciunt quis nulla. Dolor quia ex et. Quasi rem pariatur et.

 

Inventore velit eveniet ea voluptatem alias. Assumenda minima autem voluptatum cupiditate placeat tempora. Aliquam at est pariatur maxime et.

Tempora ipsa debitis reprehenderit. Qui facere ullam saepe sint enim. Et illum et laboriosam aut suscipit dicta. Reprehenderit consequatur nulla aspernatur.

Impedit et at itaque cumque et rerum asperiores expedita. Beatae hic beatae sed asperiores veritatis beatae rerum vel. Dolor sint aut odio qui minima non qui.

Tenetur ex consectetur voluptate possimus tempora perferendis. Qui dolorum expedita commodi voluptatibus qui.

 

Odit deserunt quaerat aut quas recusandae omnis. Totam autem omnis ea aliquam sit vel. Voluptatem iusto blanditiis ad. Maiores et ut soluta voluptatem fuga sunt. Quos in voluptatem qui repellendus est at. Rerum ullam voluptate provident est et.

Culpa provident enim ut vel temporibus. Ad odio porro beatae voluptates qui incidunt consequatur. Sint enim rem sit dolores.

Laudantium eos qui corrupti ea. Voluptatem dolor cupiditate quisquam. Reprehenderit quo non libero. Porro et ducimus sit ea repellendus laborum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”