Not many people here have addressed the "CULTURE" on equity research desk, can someone provide me some insights on the following questions
- What is the relationship between junior associate and senior analyst like? Will the analyst closly mentored the associate or you kinda need to learn by yourself?
- What is the normal associate hour like ? Work over weekend ?
- One analyst usually only have one associate to follow him/her? or He/she have a bunch of junior monkeys doing grunt work?
- Does the working environment get very political sometimes ? Like in investment banking ?
- Is it more of individualistic work than team work?
Thank U guys for all the helpful insider scoop!