Hi MnIGuy, whoops, looks like nobody chimed in here.... maybe one of these discussions below is relevant:

• Upcoming Summer at Goldman Sachs Sales & Trading Hey Guys. I managed to land a SA position this summer at Goldman Sachs Sales & Trading. I am ... the culture of the different desks in Sales & Trading and GS that would be awesome. I am really ... questions I am wondering. Sales or Trading? Which should I try to opt for. I have the impression that the
  • Mckinsey vs. Goldman Sachs Sales & Trading approach this decision. I am also only a sophomore, so I would have another summer after this one to intern ... thinking about. Anyways any help would really be appreciated! Thank you Analyst Trading ... I am very lucky to have two offers this summer as a sophomore and would like to know if anyone had ...
  • A One Stop Shop For All Things Diversity Recruiting- The Most Exhaustive List On WSO Description: sophomore summer analyst program Divisions: Sales and Trading Eligibility: URM, Women Deadline: ... Leadership Program Description: sophomore summer analyst rotational program Divisions: Sales and Trading ... Program Description: 3-week summer rotational internship program in NYC Divisions: Sales and Trad
  • Goldman SA to FT 2011 s&t gs Goldman Sachs summer analyst securities ... So I've heard Goldman is known for having lower conversion rates for SA to FT compared to the ... rest of the BBs, but does anyone know what the percentage of interns for 2011 received offers in Sales ...
  • Goldman Sachs Securities Super Day 12/14? looking forward to and any prep advice? It is a super day for the GS Summer Analyst Position in Sales ... & Trading. Anyone else have the same day?? Securites sales & trading super day ... This is my first super day invite from GS, can someone give me an idea of what I need to be ...
  • McKinsey & Company vs. Goldman Sachs the WSO Company Database. Read More About McKinsey and GS on WSO Mckinsey vs. Goldman Sachs Sales ... & Trading Google/Apple or Goldman Sachs/McKinsey best for MBA? Goldman Sachs Generalist IBD vs. Bain ... my friends met a CEO of F500 in his first study!) Goldman Sachs Investment Banking vs. McKinsey ...
  • Goldman Sachs Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Internship Has anyone done this internship? How competitive is it (acceptance rate) and what do you think were the major reasons why you were accepted? I am doing a MSc in Computer Science program at a target school, but have only a 3.1 gpa. I'm in my late 30s ...
  • More suggestions...

No promises, but maybe one of our professional members will share their wisdom: cibrahim12 Winston Wolfe oritsegbe

You're welcome.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

I had a SA2018 superday around this time (it was the accelerated process back then) and it was mostly behavioral. There was a surprisingly large focus on ethics-related questions which was pretty annoying, so I'd nail down your "ethical dilemma" stories. Apart from that, I received zero brainteasers, and markets questions were very high-level and designed to let you take in the direction you want, which then determined follow-up questions. Along those lines, don't play your whole hand immediately, and definitely don't act like you know more than you do.

thanks. could you provide some insight into what you mean by ethics related? like your personal stories or scenarios they give you? for the markets, did you give your outlooks for various markets/asset classes, etc?

Most Helpful

My super day was 4 interviews, two fit and two technical

Fit isn’t too bad, just know why you want to do trading, why you want to work at that bank, and have some short story about how you got to where you are. Obviously know your resume. For why you want to work at the bank, may be helpful to know how trading divisions have performed the last few quarters as well as division head and CEOs name, all of that stuff is public info.

Technical is fairly straightforward as well - know a couple companies well and be able to pitch them in 1 min or less. Know what’s happening in the markets generally speaking by just reading the news, know what the yield curve looks like now and great if you have some view on it (right now it’s very flat, why is that, what will happen in the future, what would you buy/sell to express that view). Numbers to memorize the morning of - s&p500, Dow, WTI spot, 10 year treasury, 3M Libor, gold. Also know what the fed is doing, when is the next hike expected, how many hikes have there been this year etc. Nothing more than that is necessary. One random thing I got tripped up on was the banks stock price, so look that up too

Good luck!

Non sint ut mollitia fugiat. Corporis reiciendis sit sed vel.

Explicabo illum veritatis quis a. Id provident qui iure mollitia laboriosam sunt. Earum ipsa rerum vel fugiat doloremque ullam. Dolor magnam consequuntur sit tempora voluptatum.

Quaerat ducimus ullam mollitia dolorum suscipit est. Deserunt enim optio error placeat laborum. Sed neque et voluptatem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”